Welcome! Log In Register
Recommended That Equinox Battery Be Changed By ASC To Protect Warranty
Posted by: Altamaha
Date: March 06, 2018 09:04AM
Re: Recommended That Equinox Battery Be Changed By ASC To Protect Warranty
Posted by: GKMan
Date: March 06, 2018 12:48PM
Hey Altamaha!
I hope the battery lasts longer than three years before needing to be replaced. If it is anything like my CTX battery it will have no noticeable difference after three years of recharges.

Gary
Dutchess County New York
I love The Game of Tones....
Present: Equinox 800.
Past: CTX-3030 Minelab E-Trac, Explorer II, Sovereign
Detecting Since 1984 Using Minelab since mid 90s

Posted by: WaterWalker
Date: March 06, 2018 02:26PM
Battery is warrantied for only ONE YEAR! The rest of the detector has the 3 year warranty.

Posted by: lytle78
Date: March 06, 2018 03:21PM
Prudent to not warrant it longer - no phone maker, for example does so. It’s an easy swap and I expect that before any batteries “age out” there will be various ways to handle it inexpensively.

Rick Kempf

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: March 07, 2018 05:30AM
Am i wrong or doesnt the battery compartment still seem to be sealed much like the CZ? How many has never gotten water in there lol? You might kill your handy work batter...... but it doesnt appear as thou it will get into the machine. Id use a drop or two of Aqua seal at the wire entry...... just in case. Otherwise...... may just require another battery and connector. This if for the few who may do a SNAFU. Ive provide a link where its been discussed before. Some obviously will go to hobby shops....... others to ML. Then you have some that may just have a leak....... how do you distinguish this? We know some will just put the battery back in the pod and play dumb. Im assuming the first thing ML will check is the battery when the machine isnt working....... IF water can get into the box...... THEN ML will decide if its your fault or theirs.

All that said....... I seriously doubt that battery will need changing within the 3 years. There will be exceptions..... and of course WE or RNB will find an upgraded batter and everyone will want to replace them...... what then guys... lol?

https://www.findmall.com/read.php?107,2426365

CTX, Blue Xcals
Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.
D. Meeker

Posted by: Wiganer
Date: March 07, 2018 11:28AM
I Wil only be a matter of time, and the battery door seals will be available, so then when you change the battery, replace the seal as well. Job done.

Posted by: Altamaha
Date: March 07, 2018 04:10PM
GKMan
Hey Altamaha!
I hope the battery lasts longer than three years before needing to be replaced. If it is anything like my CTX battery it will have no noticeable difference after three years of recharges.

GKMan.

I surely hope you're right on that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login