Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: I for one really appreciate the videos you have shared, CD.
Posted by: Architex
Date: March 06, 2018 09:15PM
Gets my vote also. I got all my basic knowledge from Gary's videos, but I got my PhD from your videos. Thanks for all the work.

The real treasure is in the marketing.

XP Deus / CTX 3030 / Equinox 800

Re: one thing I dont care for.
Posted by: Cutaplug
Date: March 06, 2018 09:42PM
I have to agree the tones haven't impressed me either. It's especially annoying when you are in slow recovery setting and the tones get even longer and smoother which makes it more difficult to distinguish from a large target like a can or a coin. Would be great if they just took the settings for normal, smooth long blah blah from the etrac and used those. Either that or make the tones all the same length in all recovery speeds so we can at least use the audio info for target id.

Posted by: IQ-2018
Date: March 06, 2018 09:58PM
minelab tones were never going to work so well with a faster machine, so some time/learning to get used what its saying.

Posted by: CZconnoisseur
Date: March 06, 2018 10:37PM
parkgt

I will be coming from the Deus as well, can't wait to see how the Eqiunox works in our parks. I have a good feeling though and am 100% sure there's at least hundreds more deep coins that are *just* out of reach...this year could be the year to yield a gold coin! :happy:

CZ,

What makes you think that the NOX will be significantly deeper than your beloved Deus that you know so well? Or is just the allure of a new toy?

I think it has a good chance of finding deeper coins but I won't know for sure until it get one and try it out. Call it a gut feeling...

I also had a feeling about digging for crystals in a particular area not far from here - same kind of feeling - although I didn't use a machine to find the crystal pocket....

Gotta go with the gut on this one!

Posted by: Dailydigger
Date: March 08, 2018 02:57AM
It's funny that people think this magic detector will out hunt the E-Trac or CTX. Lol. Any time a new detector comes out people think it's the new best thing.

Posted by: calabash digger
Date: March 08, 2018 12:27PM
just keep in mind there was time when the CTX and ETRAC were new too.... I don't know about ID and such compared to those but there are targets that the NOX can see that the ETRAC AND CTX cant. So I guess it depends on what you exactly mean when you say out hunt??? coin, gold ,relic , etc?

Posted by: laplander
Date: March 08, 2018 12:53PM
calabash digger
just keep in mind there was time when the CTX and ETRAC were new too.... I don't know about ID and such compared to those but there are targets that the NOX can see that the ETRAC AND CTX cant. So I guess it depends on what you exactly mean when you say out hunt??? coin, gold ,relic , etc?
Brother
Amen to that !!:please:

Posted by: Bryan V
Date: March 08, 2018 12:57PM
Dailydigger
It's funny that people think this magic detector will out hunt the E-Trac or CTX. Lol. Any time a new detector comes out people think it's the new best thing.

I am the biggest E-Trac/CTX fan out there... I have ran both extensively as an old coin turf hunter..
It is way to early to be making judgments about the Equinox, but after just 6 hours on my new 800,
If I were forced today to just keep just one detector, I would no doubt keep the Equinox...
I’m not saying I love everything about it, but so far it appeared to “Out hunt” my E-Trac on a pounded site..

My next 50 hours on the Equinox might tell me something different but to be honest I was a bit surprised at its performance..

Bryan

Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab E-Trac
Minelab Gold Monster
Takahashi FC-100DF

Posted by: Cutaplug
Date: March 08, 2018 01:20PM
Bryan V

I am the biggest E-Trac/CTX fan out there... I have ran both extensively as an old coin turf hunter..
It is way to early to be making judgments about the Equinox, but after just 6 hours on my new 800,
If I were forced today to just keep just one detector, I would no doubt keep the Equinox...
I’m not saying I love everything about it, but so far it appeared to “Out hunt” my E-Trac on a pounded site..

My next 50 hours on the Equinox might tell me something different but to be honest I was a bit surprised at its performance..

Bryan

Ditto...

For me it's not that it has to out perform the etrac/ctx on deep coins. I just want it to be about as good on deep coins and I know it will out perform etrac/ctx on beach, high trash, prospecting, underwater, weight, price.......

Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: March 08, 2018 01:55PM
Cutaplug
Ditto...

For me it's not that it has to out perform the etrac/ctx on deep coins. I just want it to be about as good on deep coins and I know it will out perform etrac/ctx on beach, high trash, prospecting, underwater, weight, price.......

Another thing to think about is this: If it just performs almost as good as my E-trac, I'd take detecting if for nothing else than the lesser weight and
better screen.

I detect, therefore I am

Posted by: TomNH
Date: March 08, 2018 06:34PM
Tony N (Michigan)

Ditto...

Another thing to think about is this: If it just performs almost as good as my E-trac, I'd take detecting if for nothing else than the lesser weight and
better screen.
Hit the nail on the head.
BTW if you dont need the $600 extra the E-Trac costs send it to me.
The EQ for its price needs only to be about as good. If it does better at a few things thats all profit. Its a mid price detector.

HH Tom
LFOD !

Posted by: Charles (Upstate NY)
Date: March 08, 2018 09:31PM
meggie
I found the arm rest to be uncomfortable after a couple of hours.
Now it's fixed up with a comfy Neoprene sleeve.

Mine too, oh wait that's just wrong! :lol:

Posted by: Always Curious
Date: March 08, 2018 10:43PM
Dailydigger

The Equinox is not the equal of the Etrac/CTX in many situations. Separate FE/CO numbers and more accurate depth make sure of that. But, in some trashy environments, the Equinox seems able to find things they can't, because of its faster hardware and better separation. I've experienced this with my 600. Of course, that probably is also true of the Impact, another modern, mid-priced machine. I expect Minelab is working on the CTX4040, which will provide the best of both worlds--at a hefty price.

Posted by: Mkus
Date: March 09, 2018 04:56AM
Charles (Upstate NY)

I found the arm rest to be uncomfortable after a couple of hours.
Now it's fixed up with a comfy Neoprene sleeve.

Mine too, oh wait that's just wrong! :lol:

Nice I own a Deus and plan on getting an Equinox to but watch Calabash diggers videos on both machines he knows his machines..

Posted by: IQ-2018
Date: March 09, 2018 06:21AM
people see what they want to see in regards to everything...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login