Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
A few relics from todays..... 1850's site
Posted by: Dan(NM)
Date: March 10, 2019 08:45PM
I'm more of a coin guy, but, I've been wanting to hit this spot because my buddy has taken out a couple of Dragoon buttons. I met up with a couple of guys today for a relic hunt at a fort that was occupied from the early 1850's to the early 1860's, unfortunately one guy had to cut his hunt short due to a plumbing problem. He did manage to score a couple of nice relics before he had to head out. I started out using the CTX, but, due to the excessive amount of iron, I ended up using the Equinox which performed wonderfully.

This was my first time to hunt here, so, I wasn't sure what to expect, but, it turned out better than I thought. Ended up with a nice assortment of finds, the better ones were the Eagle button and the medallion thing with the guys face on it. Not sure, but, we think it may have had a ribbon attached through the eyelets on each side. I believe next time I'm back, I'll use the 6" coil on the Eqhinox to try and work through the iron a little easier than the 11"

I'm also going to take a magnet, some of the bits of wire and iron were almost too small for me to see without my glasses. I was amazed at how well the 800 hit the small items among the iron debris. 90% of the targets hit between 10 and 15, a couple rang higher, the brass rivets and the 3 ringer hit between 18-22. The thing with the guy on it hit at 10-11 solid. My setting were as follows: 

Park 2

2-tones

Tone break at +8 thru 40

Sensitivity 22

Recover 7

Iron bias 0

Ground balance 0

No disc used ran it wide open 

Re: A few relics from todays..... 1850's site
Posted by: Mkus
Date: March 10, 2019 09:11PM
Nice finds no discrimination to what I do..

Posted by: Confetrit
Date: March 11, 2019 10:33AM
Dan, those are some nice Relics you dug there. Congratulations to you on some great Saved pieces of History. The jewlery piece with the face on it, I'm wondering if this might be some sort of George Washington commemorative piece. Well Done and Continued Success with the Nox at this site. You'll probably come across more relics there once you slide the smaller coil on.

Posted by: Johnny5
Date: March 11, 2019 05:26PM
I don't think it's jewelry, I believe its a draw pull.

Posted by: ronhob
Date: March 11, 2019 08:47PM
Could it be a decrative piece from a sword sheath?

A few of the videos I have made. Take from them what you will, and leave the rest. Thanks.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ronhob1

Posted by: laplander
Date: March 11, 2019 09:11PM
Well done Dan!! You will love the six, it's a real sifter!!
Jeff

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login