Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Running All Metal in Beach mode [don't do it]
Posted by: MassSaltH2O
Date: March 12, 2019 08:04AM
midalake

Hi. Does anyone have any info about running All metal in Beach mode? I always thot that All metal was all everything, except not having any particular mode. Thanks.

Don't do it/ period! The all metal mode on my saltwater beach is WAY too chatty and gives WAY to many false signals. A BETTER way is to hunt in your normal disc modes and when in doubt switch to "all metal" to confirm. Your time will be well wasted chasing way too many signals, while not being able to concentrate on targets you need to hear.

Dave

Thanks Dave. Perfect advice. Thanks again.

Re: Running All Metal in Beach mode [don't do it]
Posted by: midalake
Date: March 13, 2019 12:42PM
MassSaltH2O
midalake

Hi. Does anyone have any info about running All metal in Beach mode? I always thot that All metal was all everything, except not having any particular mode. Thanks.

Don't do it/ period! The all metal mode on my saltwater beach is WAY too chatty and gives WAY to many false signals. A BETTER way is to hunt in your normal disc modes and when in doubt switch to "all metal" to confirm. Your time will be well wasted chasing way too many signals, while not being able to concentrate on targets you need to hear.

Dave

Thanks Dave. Perfect advice. Thanks again.

A few things to add: When working in all metal in beach 2 [wetsand] I found it necessary to drop the sensitivity 1-2 from where I could work in discrimination. In all metal when the Nox is around moving saltwater it completely falls on its face. Almost no detection available. When moving saltwater hits the coil in Disc. mode it is better but not by much, I will have more on this in the future..

tha Is for asking . I had that same question myself.
Posted by: Greg (E.Tn)
Date: March 18, 2019 10:30AM
I for one really appreciate those who take time to responsibly offer sincere feedback to questions about the operation of the Equinox. Answers like, “ you need to re-read the manual” contribute nothing to anyone, and are less than supportive.

JMHO.

Re: tha Is for asking . I had that same question myself.
Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: March 18, 2019 12:37PM
Greg (E.Tn)
I for one really appreciate those who take time to responsibly offer sincere feedback to questions about the operation of the Equinox. Answers like, “ you need to re-read the manual” contribute nothing to anyone, and are less than supportive.

JMHO.

For the majority of "how do I" questions, there is nothing substantial that can be added beyond what Minelab has already put into the user manual. How many times should we parrot the user manual in a forum?

well, if you don’t have any meaningful advice to offer, maybe being silent is a better option than being rude.
Date: March 18, 2019 02:04PM
The manual is very well written, but the manual doesn’t always answer a question as well as experience in the field does.

That’s the kind is assistance most are hoping for when they ask a question on the forum — not a snide remark to go back and reread the manual.

Just my two cents.

Re: well, if you don’t have any meaningful advice to offer, maybe being silent is a better option than being rude.
Posted by: Crew Chief
Date: March 18, 2019 02:54PM
:usaf: I agree with Greg. If reading a manual was all it took to learn everything forums like this would not exist. After nearly 66 trips around the Sun I know some learn from reading, some from doing. Regardless we all have asked for help in learning a new task. Even parrots learn by repetition.

Re: well, if you don’t have any meaningful advice to offer, maybe being silent is a better option than being rude.
Date: March 18, 2019 04:23PM
Greg (E.Tn)
The manual is very well written, but the manual doesn’t always answer a question as well as experience in the field does.

That’s the kind is assistance most are hoping for when they ask a question on the forum — not a snide remark to go back and reread the manual.

Just my two cents.

This is the difference between us. You take a down-to-earth, sensible suggestion as being "rude". I call it a place to begin. How long have you been answering questions here? How many times have those asking the question done ZERO research, and forth ZERO effort to help themselves first? I know you've been around long enough to know.

I like helping people understand their tools better, but I'm not going to regurgitate what is already made available. Want to discuss pros and cons of using one feature vs another? Great! Want to find out what others have seen with GB vs TID? Excellent! Want to know what mode to use in your front yard..... Theres a manual for that.

Truth isn't "rude" and basic questions don't require deep conversations. I'm sure you disagree with me, but that's fine. This would be a boring planet if everyone agreed with everyone else.

This might help.
Posted by: ohio fred
Date: March 18, 2019 07:29PM
Joe val I hunt with he told about a you tube site Relic Dirtyhands.Great tutorials look under there video,s.Each 1 about 3 minutes long but what great help in explaining each fuction.There is a few on each settings. Hope this help.

True all metal is +94 to -94.Found a lot on older detector,s and some new.N/T
Date: March 18, 2019 07:35PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: True all metal is +94 to -94.Found a lot on older detector,s and some new.
Posted by: chuck, ky
Date: March 18, 2019 07:56PM
What can be found in true all-metal or regular all-metal that can't be found in 0 discrimination?

Great for relic hunters.It is said to meteorite,s come in -93.N/T
Date: March 18, 2019 08:06PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: Great for relic hunters.It is said to meteorite,s come in -93.
Posted by: chuck, ky
Date: March 18, 2019 08:19PM
Since all iron isn't disced out until 40 on the T-2 I believe it would find a meteorite at 0.

Eight people offered thoughtful advice and insights. You offered sarcasm.
Date: March 18, 2019 08:58PM
If that is all you have to offer, I suggest you decline responding at all.

In other words.....

Re: Eight people offered thoughtful advice and insights. You offered sarcasm.
Date: March 18, 2019 09:16PM
Greg (E.Tn)
If that is all you have to offer, I suggest you decline responding at all.

In other words.....

Great! Glad to see that your opinion of the world is that nobody is allowed to speak unless they think like you. Good to know who you really are.

Re: Alright
Posted by: midalake
Date: March 18, 2019 10:40PM
Stop it...…….

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.