Findmall.com

Minelab Equinox Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
EQUINOX TID Charts from EQUINOX Users
Posted by: Digger
Date: February 17, 2018 12:42PM
If you have a TID chart that you developed from your using the EQUINOX, post it as a response to this post.
If you have a question regarding one of these charts or TID's in general, please make a new post and let this be used only for TID charts.
Thanks. HH Randy

You'll never know for sure......unless you dig it! HH "Digger"

After more than 46-years of detecting, and having owned dozens of different detectors, I've come to the conclusion that maintaining success in the field is largely dependent on three things..... choice of site, acquiring a proper skill set for the detector and the detector itself..... in that order. Research, practice and persistence. There are no substitutes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2018 02:17PM by Digger.

Re: EQUINOX TID Charts from EQUINOX Users
Posted by: bigelow
Date: February 17, 2018 09:32PM

:minelab: Equinox 800 :minelab: Excalibur II :minelab: CTX3030 :tesoro: Compadre :fisher: CZ3D :fisher: F75LTD :fisher: Gold Bug Pro :whites: M6 XP Deus :garrett: Propointer

Here's another...
Posted by: sgoss66
Date: February 18, 2018 08:30PM

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D Ground Shark "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Posted by: BootyHunter
Date: February 19, 2018 09:34AM
As we all begin the learning curve with these new Detectors, let’s do something to help us all. Please post your Id numbers with mode and item depth as you begin to make finds. I think this may help us all in the long run. I’ll start with my limited experience so far:
I will add as I get it more. Please feel free to add to it as well!
Zinc cent, 20, Park 1, 3”
Clad dime, 26, Park 1, 4”
Can slaw, 15, Park 1, 3”
Ring style pull tab, 15, Park 1, 3”

My YouTube page is Bootyhunter1971, Please check it out and. Like and Subscribe!!

Posted by: pkirkll
Date: February 22, 2018 12:11AM
Beer bottle top 15-18
Quarters 21-25
Foil1-4

Posted by: jas415
Date: February 25, 2018 08:58AM
In the gold mode if one can modify tones and volumes of say a 5 tone response, that would give spectacular results. At the beach a person usually digs every repeatable tone, every! All in order to find gold. So, I did some buried nuggets and flakes (.3g 3 flakes, .8 g rough surface picker and 1.3 g flat round picker) in zip lock bags at 3-4", plus a long thin gold chain and a smaller bracelet that was heavier gold, lengthwise at the same rough depth. The 800 would not pick them up in any mode or program except gold! And in those two modes hit it loud and clear! I had it on manual sense at 25, 5 tones, 1 reaction, and tried every sweep speed and direction. Nothing from any of the other programs or modes. I could get a hit most of the time on a very small gold ring, about .3 g at 4" in the other modes. They would not hit in beach modes! So, I think the depth is the real issue on small gold chains and if they are balled up or stretched out. Also, seems the smaller the target the lower the number.

If I were to do beach hunting, I think I would just stick it in the gold mode vs beach, and see if i could somehow get rid of the iron targets and dig everything.

Posted by: Grunter
Date: April 05, 2018 11:59PM
58 cal. minnie ball solid 16-17 in Park 1,2

Posted by: filternozzle
Date: April 06, 2018 02:53AM
jas415
If I were to do beach hunting, I think I would just stick it in the gold mode vs beach, and see if i could somehow get rid of the iron targets and dig everything.

The question is, would the Equinox in Gold Mode work on a wet beach??? I think not....but I may be wrong.

Happy Hunting
Minelab: GPX-5000, GPX-4500. Whites Pulse Scan TDI. Nexus: MP, Standard Mk II & Ultima. Nautilus: Silver King, DMC, DMC II, DMC-IIB & DMC IIBa.

Posted by: Gordon S.
Date: April 25, 2018 11:45AM
I'm going to ask if these (800) charts are very close to what a 600 would register ?
Thanks!

Posted by: Digger
Date: April 27, 2018 03:22PM
Since both models use the same range of -9 to 40, specific TID numbers should be the same. HH Randy

You'll never know for sure......unless you dig it! HH "Digger"

After more than 46-years of detecting, and having owned dozens of different detectors, I've come to the conclusion that maintaining success in the field is largely dependent on three things..... choice of site, acquiring a proper skill set for the detector and the detector itself..... in that order. Research, practice and persistence. There are no substitutes.

Anyone know where a 2 cent coin comes in at?N/T
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: May 01, 2018 02:25PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

I detect, therefore I am

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login