Findmall.com

Minelab Equinox Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Information from Minelab regarding the Equinox.
Posted by: Greg (E.Tn)
Date: February 24, 2018 09:19AM
I finally contacted Minelab directly via email with questions regarding the Equinox. The questions were about changing the battery and the warranty.

I was reading so, so much contradictory information from different people on different forums, I figured I would get the information straight from the source, so here it is, directly from the Minelab service center in Naperville, Illinois:

" We do recommend using an Authorized Service Center (ASC) for battery replacement to avoid potentially damaging the waterproof seal during replacement, which would void the 3-year detector warranty. Further information into user replacement of the battery will be released at a later date, but the request for users to perform the battery switch themselves is actively being appraised.

The Equinox does come with a three year warranty and does not offer an extended warranty. Some dealers may have their own warranty they sell through them, but as a manufacturer we do not offer one.

Minelab will of course continue to service your detector after the warranty has expired! While there would be a charge associated with the repair, we would absolutely have it taken care of for you! "

Hopefully, this will clear up a couple of questions one and for all.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.