Findmall.com

Minelab Equinox Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Target Size?
Posted by: Charlives
Date: February 27, 2018 06:17PM
I've been a T2 guy for years. I can tell size and shape of most targets. I'm new to Minelab and the EQ. I've had about six hunts thus far and I've found silver and wheats etc but I can't tell the size of targets. I can dig a can just as easily as a coin. The only clue I've discovered is the pinpoint seems to show the size. How do you Minelab people know size of target by tones? Thanks!!

Re: Target Size?
Posted by: jas415
Date: March 03, 2018 08:20PM
I have no idea, but it ought to be a bit easier with the small coil, if it ever hits the streets!

Posted by: lytle78
Date: March 04, 2018 07:58AM
Looks like a good pinpointer is a must.

Rick Kempf

Posted by: dbado1
Date: March 05, 2018 01:44PM
lytle78
Looks like a good pinpointer is a must.

Rick,
I've had no issues pin pointing with it but I use the function more to size targets with than to PP. I just use the wiggle back method. I guess pin pointing small nuggets with a large coil for years has helped, although, having a good pin pointer never hurts.

Dean

Posted by: MetalMiner
Date: March 15, 2018 04:03AM
dont have the NOX yet but on my ML Safari I would also use the pinpoint feature to get an idea of the size of a target.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2018 04:03AM by MetalMiner.

Posted by: birdman
Date: April 07, 2018 10:08PM
I just do an x pattern over the target while raising the coil if need be to determine the size of the target. Not 100 percent but it works pretty well.

Posted by: cjc
Date: April 12, 2018 07:06PM
Try jumping over into All Metal. This will give a more complete picture of a target. Using the cross sweep can also help--telling you a bit about the shape and consistency.
cjc

Posted by: cliff490
Date: April 15, 2018 05:45PM
I haven't had the had the nox long enough to test it on cans. But with a minelab explorer if you lift the coil before pinpoint a coin-sized target will disappear quickly but a can will still sound off two or more inches up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login