Findmall.com

Minelab Equinox Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Who's tried this cool function?...ML80 H-phones/Equinox
Posted by: metalpopper
Date: March 01, 2018 02:41PM
Smart Phone Call Functions The ML 80 headphones can be paired with 2 devices at once, so you can also pair them with your smart phone. However, when a call is received it will interrupt the detecting audio.
Answer a Call
When a call is incoming, the ring tone will be heard via the headphones. Press the Multi-Function button to accept the call.
Reject / Ignore a Call
To reject / ignore an incoming call, press and hold the MultiFunction button for approximately 2 seconds until a beep is heard, then release the button.

Re: Who's tried this cool function?...ML80 H-phones/Equinox
Posted by: Carbine
Date: March 01, 2018 03:17PM
Just curious, could a guy pair his phone up and have some light music in the background and still hear the detector?

Posted by: metalpopper
Date: March 01, 2018 05:06PM
Carbine
Just curious, could a guy pair his phone up and have some light music in the background and still hear the detector?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Smart Phone Call Functions The ML 80 headphones can be paired with 2 devices at once, so you can also pair them with your smart phone. However, when a call is received it will interrupt the detecting audio.
Answer a Call
When a call is incoming, the ring tone will be heard via the headphones. Press the Multi-Function button to accept the call.
Reject / Ignore a Call
To reject / ignore an incoming call, press and hold the MultiFunction button for approximately 2 seconds until a beep is heard, then release the button.

The highlighted para suggests 'NO'...

It could be 'programmed' to do what you prefer, but that will require a small Minelab software up-grade......matt

p.s. Ask Minelab if they'll consider a down-loadable fix!.......Hope you're enjoying your new 'nox. :nopity:'Just swinging in the rain':clapping:

Posted by: Wiganer
Date: March 03, 2018 11:49PM
Carbine
Just curious, could a guy pair his phone up and have some light music in the background and still hear the detector?[/quote

]Smart Phone Music Functions
Once the ML 80 headphones have been paired to a smart phone,
the headphones buttons can be used to remotely control the
smart phone music functions.
If ML 80 headphones are connected to a phone that is playing
music, and then connected to the detector, the detector audio will
be automatically muted whilst the music is playing.
I don't know if this is accurate or not but this is straight from the manual, doesn't make sense to me if I reading it correctly.
I did have a go find 60 which had the same function, and with that you could listen to your music and then the music would pause when you hit a target, I wonder if this is what they mean should happen with the equinox ?

Posted by: mrsspk
Date: April 17, 2018 05:35PM
I have used it. Accepted a call from my wife while I was out detecting with my EQ 600 the other day. Pretty cool feature

Posted by: parkgt
Date: April 17, 2018 07:24PM
When I am out detecting I sure don't want to be interrupted by calls. So unless I anticipate someone really needing to get in touch, the phone is in the truck or off in my pocket.

It is a nice feature though.

ML NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705

Posted by: MiTreasureHunter
Date: April 18, 2018 12:09AM
I put my phone in Airplane mode because of the chatter it causes with the NOX.

My main user account is "Diggin-it"

banned due to making threats.

Posted by: Ytcoinshooter
Date: April 18, 2018 06:45PM
What I'd be curious to know is the models of smartphones people are reporting interference or no interference with. Just that, not taking into account settings or site selection.

Posted by: BarryL
Date: April 21, 2018 03:02PM
I use the Samsung Galaxy 7 and Have it on constantly and have experienced O interference while using the 600 My wife knows only to call me if there is an emergency So 99% of the time there are no interruptions of my time in the field

Posted by: Belgy1972
Date: May 11, 2018 08:07PM
I use the Samsung Galaxy S8 and have had no interference with my nox 800

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login