Findmall.com

Minelab Equinox Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Are changes to default settings saved?
Posted by: pine3874
Date: March 04, 2018 10:25AM
If I make changes to the default settings in a program, are they saved when I turn the detector off or do I have to save them to a user profile? For example, if I change the number of tones, or increase the sensitivity, will they remain the same when I turn the detector back on?

Re: Are changes to default settings saved?
Posted by: HighPlainsHunter
Date: March 04, 2018 11:10AM
pine3874
If I make changes to the default settings in a program, are they saved when I turn the detector off or do I have to save them to a user profile? For example, if I change the number of tones, or increase the sensitivity, will they remain the same when I turn the detector back on?

Try just one simple change to the default settings, turn the unit off, and then turn it back on to see if the change is still there...

Date: March 04, 2018 11:15AM
HighPlainsHunter

Try just one simple change to the default settings, turn the unit off, and then turn it back on to see if the change is still there...

That's exactly what I would do if I had an Equinox, but don't have one.

Posted by: Wiganer
Date: March 04, 2018 05:36PM
There is a new video on YouTube by grave digger max, he finds a gold ring during a beach search, and during his rundown at home he turns the decor on again to look at the setting, and I'm sure it saved his adjustments, what the video, and leave a comment, but I'm sure it does.

Posted by: meggie
Date: March 04, 2018 06:29PM
Whatever the settings are where at when you switch it off , these are the settings that will re-appear when you switch it back on again .. in other words they have remained in memory.
To get original factory default settings you just need to do a reset.

Date: March 04, 2018 06:52PM
meggie
Whatever the settings are where at when you switch it off , these are the settings that will re-appear when you switch it back on again .. in other words they have remained in memory.
To get original factory default settings you just need to do a reset.
Thanks

Posted by: HighPlainsHunter
Date: March 05, 2018 10:25AM
pine3874

That's exactly what I would do if I had an Equinox, but don't have one.

For some reason, I thought you had one. Mine will be here Thursday....

Posted by: jas415
Date: July 23, 2018 04:11PM
There is a 'Not quite true' on the settings staying! I had all programs set for 5 tones and the bins, tones and volumes set. I noticed that some areas were 'notched out' on the screen. So I notched them back in. Turned it of and on and the 'notched out' area was back again.

So I did a factory reset, and had all the areas notched in. Nothing out. Then again created all the bins and tones for a 5 tone operation. I hunt in Field 2 most of the time. Turned the machine off and then back on and the original 'notched out' areas were back again. I think that somehow in creating the tone bins I have notched out the numbers somehow, even though the areas were all in black. I have done this three times now, did the reset, recreated all the bins and tones and volumes and everything looked great. Turn it off and back on and in Park 1 there are 4 areas notched out, in Park 2 there is 1, Field 1 is ok but Field 2 has 23, 24, 25 and 26 notched out.

I know this operator error on my part but I am struggling to figure out what I am doing that creates the notched out areas.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login