Findmall.com

Minelab Equinox Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Equinox Headphones
Posted by: Cos
Date: March 12, 2018 02:50PM
My new Equinox has arrived and I am in the process of setting it up for detecting. I would like to, at least initially, use the WM 08 Wireless Module, but the ML 80 headphone attachment cable (to connect the headphones with the WM 08 module) plugs into the very bottom of the ML 80 headphones, and I suspect would fall out or disengage with use. Also, why use the expensive wireless headphones when you are not even using the wireless function of the headphones. Therefore, does anyone know where I can purchase a good set of wired headphones with a 1/8 inch plug that will insert into the WM 08 Wireless Module? I would like a set with good sound, a relatively light, straight cord (rather than coiled) with a 1/8 inch straight plug on the end (not a 90 degree plug) that will plug into the wireless module. Any suggestions??

Re: Equinox Headphones
Posted by: halfstep
Date: May 03, 2018 03:06PM
Minelab has an adapter cable that will be available soon that goes from the 1/8" equinox plug to a 1/4" female straight plug so you can use aftermarket headphones. Most metal detecting headphones have a 1/4" plug. But some aftermarket headphones are plug specific like on the CTX 3030, Equinox or the Garrett AT series detectors to maintain their waterproofness.

I have seen some custom built adapter cable for the equinox on @#$%&. If you want to use a headphone with a 1/8" plug, then you can just buy a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter to plug into the adapter cable.

Re: Equinox Headphones
Posted by: borntofli
Date: May 03, 2018 05:56PM
Why dont you just use wireless headphones and eliminate module completely????

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login