Findmall.com

Minelab Equinox Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Can targets have no TID?
Posted by: brissietex
Date: May 22, 2018 09:21PM
I have noticed that sometimes I come across an area (salt beach using Beach 1 mostly) where my Eq800 sounds as if there is a target nearby but no TID appears and the target sound location varies in a small area. Once I leave the area the Eq800 settles down. I tried going all metal and other modes/freq including pinpointing but that still didn't help bring in a solid area or any TID. I didn't try to dig the signals since the exact location wasn't discernible. I have put this down to mineralisation in the sand. Any ideas?

cheers...Keith

Re: Can targets have no TID?
Posted by: squirrel1
Date: August 02, 2018 12:04AM
brissietex
I have noticed that sometimes I come across an area (salt beach using Beach 1 mostly) where my Eq800 sounds as if there is a target nearby but no TID appears and the target sound location varies in a small area. Once I leave the area the Eq800 settles down. I tried going all metal and other modes/freq including pinpointing but that still didn't help bring in a solid area or any TID. I didn't try to dig the signals since the exact location wasn't discernible. I have put this down to mineralisation in the sand. Any ideas?

cheers...Keith

Short answer to your question is YES.
I have tested buried rings in the sand. There will be a point depending on speed setting and sensitivity setting where tone although weak can be heard but no ID and very likely no depth info in meter.

Using pinpoint can make target sound off.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login