Findmall.com

Minelab Equinox Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Pinpointing question
Posted by: brissietex
Date: May 22, 2018 09:37PM
Hi all...

I have noticed that the pinpoint appears to work better when you press pinpoint with the target's ID showing (when still near to the target). If you have no TID showing when pressing the pinpoint (moving coil away from the target), it appears to take longer to centre on a target. With the TID showing (say 21), the pinpoint centreing appears to lead to a quicker recovery of the target. I wonder if they are using something akin to Pinpoint Sizing found on the X-Terra 705.

Any ideas?

cheers...Keith

Re: Pinpointing question
Posted by: Digger 45
Date: May 24, 2018 03:01PM
I will try that, because i don't like the way the Nox pinpoints, maybe i'm doing it wrong!!!

Posted by: brissietex
Date: May 24, 2018 10:31PM
I found that it is also good to remember the the pinpoint hotspot is between the barcode and eqx 11 labels (read that on Minelab's Treasure Talk). I usually eye off where I think the target location is, hit the pinpoint button slightly off this location and then sweep the coil over this location with the hotspot in mind. The wiggle method seems to work okay but since I deal mostly with beaches, I don't really need an exact location...tho I have been surprised how tight I can make the target location even on tiniest of targets.

Posted by: amergin2
Date: May 25, 2018 05:43PM
any tips on pinpointing in iron invested site

I get a good signal but pinpointing it amongst nails is difficult

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login