Findmall.com

Minelab Equinox Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Iron Bias question
Posted by: Bob38
Date: July 12, 2018 04:56PM
Noxers

Please tell me if I'm correct about Iron Bias (IB. Everything is an acronym nowadays). I have yet to find a good explanation of how IB works. Also, the manual just doesn't go far enough for me. Maybe I missed it somewhere. If so please send me in the right direction. Anyway below is my theory of how it MAY work.

THE BOB38 THEORY
For the IB to work, the detector needs to be in Multi-Frequency as the manual states. This tells me a mathematical algorithm is probably involved because I am a smart guy and I like saying "mathematical algorithm". Information from the Multi frequencies, depth, ground mineralization, and discrimination level may also figure into this algorithm to complete the analysis. The result of this algorithm corrupts this deception plot against us coin shooters which are launched by the natural processes of chemistry. Therefore, when hunting a patch of ground that indicates iron may be present, YOU adjust accordingly from 0-9.

Hell, maybe I don't need to know how it works. Maybe It's just a finely-tuned discrimination tool but I doubt it, it works too well for me.

You see this is the type of junk I think about.:shrug:

Etrac, Whites V3i, Equinox 800, XP Deus, Whites SL., Wiener dog and understanding wife

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login