Findmall.com

Minelab Equinox Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Recovery speed?
Posted by: Grunter
Date: August 04, 2018 09:33PM
I was running in all metal beach 2 program with recovery at 5. I noticed once I ran the coil over a target that produced an audible tone that it seem to null out and I could not get it to repeat readily. Should I be running a higher recovery speed to get a quicker repeated response?

Re: Recovery speed?
Posted by: brissietex
Date: August 22, 2018 05:21AM
I personally would switch over to Beach 1 unless your coil is in the water since Beach 2 is not as sensitive as Beach 1 (subjective but appears to be true). I run recovery 4 and iron bias 2 in Beach 1 most of the time and then switch to Beach 2 default settings when in water. Sensitivity varies from 23 down to 19 in both modes.

Null outs happen every once in a blue moon as well as no TID targets (these are deep targets). You could also switch over to Park 2 on dry sand but I haven't seen much reason to do this.

Also ground balance or ground tracking may be needed. I use auto tracking most of the time...still not comfortable to keep GB at 0 (old skool FBS user :-)) but doesn't seem to have any worsening affects.

Hope that helps Keith

Re: Recovery speed?
Posted by: Piedmontartifacts
Date: August 22, 2018 07:49AM
The preset iron bias in both beach programs is 6. Lower to 2 and try it. I’ll change to 3 if I’m digging bolts and bigger steal reading as good tones. PA

Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher F75LTD—F75+—GB2—f19
Keene 3” Ultra Dredge—A52

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login