Findmall.com

Minelab Equinox Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
do i buy a 800 or go for the 3030
Posted by: tony369412
Date: August 11, 2018 07:38AM
Hello Everyone.

I, am trying to decide if I, should buy the equnox 800 or go for the 3030 big price difference but they both have different technologies the 800 has some features of the 3030 but they are 2 totally different machine , i, have the money for either one.
please give me some insight ,and buying tips please
Thanks all

Re: do i buy a 800 or go for the 3030
Posted by: BigTony
Date: August 12, 2018 05:44PM
Tony36, i don’t own a 3030 but I hear it goes deep and gets silvers and of course it is waterproof.

I didn’t want that cost to go dirt/water hunting and I didn’t want the weight. I am older and after using the EXP 2 for ten years with large coils; I was happy to hear about the NOX.

NOX goes deep, is light weight and I can pair it with my hearing aids. It is water proof and it doesn’t false when entering the water.

I do miss the two screen display, VDI and target area displays. The NOX is only VDI.
I learned on the EXP 2 that the visual display helps along with the VDI. But I am getting used to the NOX and really like it, fast and light really helps me.

i know others will post and I want to read about what I am missing not having the 3030.

Best of luck,
Tony

Posted by: Mkus
Date: August 29, 2018 06:00AM
Weight is a big issue with me I never had a 3030 but had an etrac and made my tennis elbow bad so I sold it and have a nox I don't miss that machine!
been finding plenty of nice silver too.

Posted by: goodmore
Date: August 29, 2018 07:28AM
The only thing I would invest the money for a 3030 is in target ID. If you hunt coins in nice yards it saves on holes. Other than that the 800 is very good.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login