Findmall.com

Minelab Equinox Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Nox 800 settings for saltwater
Posted by: kingingkunsan
Date: August 31, 2018 07:07PM
Newb, i should get mine tomorrow (according to Fed Ex tracking). So i would appreciate any tips for setting this machine to hunt on saltwater beach. I will mostly be hunting in the sand to start (until i can get waterproof headphones and long sand scoop) then i will head into the ocean. Thanks for any help/tips.

Re: Nox 800 settings for saltwater
Posted by: goodmore
Date: September 01, 2018 04:56AM
Dry sand is challenging with the Equinox. The trash is very frustrating. Read how to set up a user profile with a single frequency to tell bottle caps. The wet sand use stock beach one program. Volume and threshold to your preference. This is where the Equinox shines. A beach scoop is just as important as the detector. Do yourself a favor and get a good one. If you are bending over while beach hunting you are doing something wrong. Fill your holes and good luck.

Posted by: Digger 45
Date: September 03, 2018 09:01PM
As said above use Beach 1 in the sand and when you get a good hit, hit the all metal button and drag back toward you if you hear a good sound and then a low tone it is a bottle cap.

Posted by: MassSaltH2O
Date: March 10, 2019 10:42AM
kingingkunsan
Newb, i should get mine tomorrow (according to Fed Ex tracking). So i would appreciate any tips for setting this machine to hunt on saltwater beach. I will mostly be hunting in the sand to start (until i can get waterproof headphones and long sand scoop) then i will head into the ocean. Thanks for any help/tips.

Depends on what you are looking for. If you are mostly a coin shooter, mostly stay up on the dry sand. If you are mostly a jewelry hunter, stay mostly down on the wet sand.
And your settings will be different for coin shooting than for jewelry hunting. I also suggest to avoid using auto tracking. Hunt the beach going along the beach, not up and down to the water, or visa versa. Do not block out pull tabs. Many rings have the same characteristics as pull tabs. Also, I suggest that you run a threshold tone.
Until I get more experience with the Equinox, these are the only hints that I can give for now. Ok, one more:
Anytime time that you change modes or frequencies, re- ground balance the machine. Have fun..and let us know of any tips/hints that you find as well please.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login