Findmall.com

Minelab Equinox Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Faster swing better with Equinox?
Posted by: Rob35
Date: November 10, 2018 08:23PM
I don’t have much experience with many other detectors so I am looking for opinions from people that do. I have always read and been told low and slow when swinging but with my testing and experience with the Equinox it seems to work better with a faster swing. Am I completely wrong on this? Am I doing it wrong? I use park mode 1 and 2.

Equinox 800
Bounty Hunter Quick silver
RadioShack 83-3006

Re: Faster swing better with Equinox?
Posted by: dougj7
Date: November 11, 2018 04:12PM
Swing speed really depends on where you hunt and how many targets are in the ground. If you're in an area with lots of iron and junk, you have to slow way down so you can pick out the good signals. If you're in an area where targets are sparse, you can speed up your swing.

CTX 3030, T2se, Nokta FORS CoRe
Ulster County, NY

Posted by: Rob35
Date: November 11, 2018 05:09PM
I understand. Thank you

Equinox 800
Bounty Hunter Quick silver
RadioShack 83-3006

Posted by: ramairnut
Date: November 12, 2018 08:23AM
I have the 600 and hunt in park 1 with a swing speed of 2. I hear everything and feel I don’t miss much of the good stuff. I prefer a slower swing and the Equinox allows you to set this where you want it. Yesterday I pulled a quarter right next to a big bottle cap but was able to pick out that quarter easily. Really enjoying the Equinox. Good luck and Happy Hunting.:thumbup:

I really dig this hobby!

Posted by: Mkus
Date: November 14, 2018 06:30AM
I hunt a lot in park 2 but I go slow and nailed 5 silvers Monday in a well hit spot lots of crap in this spot to with my Nox
The biggest problem I notice is when people detect they swing wild coil not flat through their whole swing coil control is key that's why I find way more "good stuff" silver coins I believe..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2018 06:31AM by Mkus.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login