DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Possible UW Purchase
Posted by: dan h
Date: October 08, 2015 10:53AM
I've been thinking of buying the new UW model mostly for inland use during the rainy season. Since the electronics are built into the headphones, I wonder if the 'phones are heavy and tend to slip off.

Re: Possible UW Purchase
Posted by: ken ward
Date: October 08, 2015 05:49PM
I don't know much about the UW. But the headphones on my pirote pro, the head phones are just a little heavier that normal head phones. They stay on your head very good. I never had one fall off yet... KEN
from Ind.

My Detectors : Whites Surfmaster 2,,2 Tesoro Compadre,1 Detector Pro Pirate Pro 1 Silver uMaz, 1 Fisher 1266x

Posted by: tvr
Date: October 08, 2015 05:51PM
While I have not used an UnderWater; I do have and use a Wader and a Head Hunter Pulse. I've found them both to be comfortable in use and have not had problems with them slipping off. Could not imagine the UnderWater being much different.

Posted by: finnfoto
Date: October 11, 2015 09:52AM
The underwater is very comfortable. Honestly I would say as comfortable if not more comfortable then the piratepro or wader units. A little bit more weight but hardly even noticeable . Ive snorkled with the underwater and they never moved. very positive aspect that i like about the underwater.

This unit is very sensitive compared to the other units. I had some issues with the one I had as I got it used. I had to tweak the sensitivity down a bit but WOW. very impressed with its performance . I think you will enjoy it. :thumbup:Good luck.

Posted by: Miser67
Date: October 12, 2015 02:22PM
You will have no problem using the unit for that purpose. It works very well on land and at the beach.

The one change I made was to get an Anderson Straight Shaft for it (you have to get the "Universal" straight shaft).

I really like it alot over the stock shaft.

As always, any post I make here is solely my opinion based on my own experience and knowledge. Feel free to disagree.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login