Findmall.com

20th Century Tales Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Brayden's new pets: Firebelly Toads...............
Posted by: Kelley (Texas)
Date: November 07, 2009 07:35PM
Our Daughter-in-Law, Heather, a fifth grade school teacher, arrived safely back in San Antonio after spending three days attending a science fair vendor show. She brought these nice Firebelly Toads back as a gift for our Grandson, Brayden. She was told that these frogs live in the Amazon area of South America. They get their name from their bright red colored bottom...beautiful when seen in person. I think that they live approximatel 12 years. They eat crickets and worms. I think that these might make good Christmas gifts for my friends. I took these macro photography pictures at the kitchen table using no flash. Kelley (Texas) :)

"Try to live up to your dog's opinion of you!"

That is pretty good Fred! Sure they weren't a gift to you!:DN/T
Posted by: Ron J
Date: November 07, 2009 07:45PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

So, Fred.... Do you have to go out and catch the insects??? Or can you buy them [crickets,]at the pet store... :):N/T
Posted by: Mikie
Date: November 07, 2009 08:01PM

Ron, unfortunately, that kid will not turn loose of the frogs...............
Date: November 07, 2009 08:10PM
I liked those frogs and would have taken them if offered to me. :lol: :lol: :lol: Kelley (Texas) :)

Mike, you can buy the crickets at Pet's Mart, a pet store not very far.................
Date: November 07, 2009 08:14PM
from their home. You can buy the worms in the fishing department at Wal-Mart. You can also catch crickets in the yard to feed them. I think these frogs are neat. Kelley (Texas) :)

Nice Fred!! You didn't even have to squersh them!! Good job:thumbup:N/T
Posted by: Royal
Date: November 07, 2009 10:13PM

http://royalottmar.blogspot.com/
INCREDIMAIL TECH SUPPORT SUCKS. IT IS TERRIBLE AND DO NOT SIGN UP FOR INCREDIMAIL!!

Royal, I do not even want to think about what Debbie would do to me if..............
Date: November 07, 2009 11:19PM
one of those frogs got loose in the house. I will never forget the time that a bug shot across the table towards Debbie and she jumped out of that chair...she was pizzed at me for several days. I am thinking about making a cricket trap for Heather and Brayden so that they will not have to buy crickets for those frogs. Kelley (Texas) :)

Re: Brayden's new pets: Firebelly Toads...............
Posted by: TexasCharley
Date: November 08, 2009 12:54PM
About 24 hrs before our first real cold snap down here you'll be able to pick up a year's supply of crickets! I don't know why, but just about 24 to 36 hrs before the first freeze of the year in this part of the country, crickets show up by the millions.

Good for kids as long
Posted by: Royal
Date: November 09, 2009 04:55PM
as they are not the poison arrow frogs that I saw in Costa Rica:thumbup:

http://royalottmar.blogspot.com/

INCREDIMAIL TECH SUPPORT SUCKS. IT IS TERRIBLE AND DO NOT SIGN UP FOR INCREDIMAIL!!

Royal, I cautioned Heather about the poisonous frogs found down in...........
Date: November 09, 2009 05:07PM
Central and South America. I was of the opinion that the poisonous frogs were the colorful frogs and that the natives used that poison on the tips of the blowgun darts and bow & arrow arrowheads. The instructions that came with the frogs made mention that they should not be handled very much because of a toxic secretion they have on their skin and you should always wash your hands if you do handle them. This leads me to believe that they are poisonous and I am going to talk to Heather again tonight. I would like to thank you for your concern and bringing it to my attention. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

"Try to live up to your dog's opinion of you!"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login