Findmall.com

20th Century Tales Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Forum just not the same...; a few thoughts..
Posted by: Ron J
Date: March 26, 2019 06:09PM
Since Fred Kelley our Cowboy Friend passed, then suddenly Elton.... the Findmall just doesn’t feel the same... it isn’t the same...awhile before we lost Wayne...
Findmall suffered when this particular Forum , 20th Century Tales, died out it was bad enough... now the Digital Photography Forum, which was Fred’s and Elton took over for a very short time...
I miss the stories , hunting, fishing, boating stories...Wayne, Royal, George-CT, Cupajo, General Ray, David (tx), Mike !,Dan-MO, Arkie John!! And Kelley’s experiences on the Ranch he had to give up... and let’s not forget our Girlfriend, Sunny!! She kind of kept us boys in check..LOL....
With age, Life changes, interests change, but I guess that is Life. We go on, we must go on...
If I remember , I was almost 15 years younger, maybe more when I first met most of you that were here... the dates on the page show 2009 as being Members, but there had been a Web issue or update where at that time we had to sign in over again.
I am doing pretty good, and I hope to Hell your all doing well and enjoying Life to the fullest!
It’s really something to have so many friends, that you never had the pleasure to meet in person.
Take Care my Friends!! :thumbup::usaflag:
RJ

I agree Ron
Posted by: Royal
Date: April 19, 2019 05:52PM
Lots of good friends were made on this forum and I was lucky enough to meet a number of them. Wonderful and I miss it

http://royalottmar.blogspot.com/

INCREDIMAIL TECH SUPPORT SUCKS. IT IS TERRIBLE AND DO NOT SIGN UP FOR INCREDIMAIL!!

I too agree Ron... This forum, when we had Royals stoy forum.. what a time we had.
Posted by: Mikie
Date: April 20, 2019 09:53PM
Like you, I miss the old days.. With Fred and Wayne gone,, we lost a lot of the heart of the forum.. I still think of them with affection;
and one day, I may meet both of them again.. ridin' the trails,, Fred on Blueberry , if memory serves; Wayner guiding like he once did.

I have had the honour, for no other words can describe it, of meeting some of the old timers.. Royal, Wayne, Linda, Bill.. what a time Bill and Royal had
at the lake in October, trying their best to get each other soaked..:lol:

It has been my privilege to correspond with others.. you Ron [I still have the gift of the bronze nail in the wood you sent to me on my mantle].. George..,
Arkie,( he made for me the most magnificent turkey call out of the wing bones from a turkey].. I sent him a 6 point [you in the US would call it a 12 point] elk rack..
The list goes on.. but the memories are pure gold to me.

I am hoping that I will be around for a spell yet.. but you never know with cancer

You guys and gals are/were the best

Fair winds, sunny skies

Micheal

"There's no present like the time"

"A dog is better than me, for she has love and does not judge"

"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most; That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in"

Pure gold memories my friend..
Posted by: Mikie
Date: April 20, 2019 09:55PM
You will never know just how much your friendship is to me.. and the fact that you took the time to come up and see me.

I am honoured to be able to call you my friend

Fair winds

Micheal

"There's no present like the time"

"A dog is better than me, for she has love and does not judge"

"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most; That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in"

Re: Forum just not the same...; a few thoughts..
Posted by: George-CT
Date: August 08, 2019 12:00PM
Hi Ron. I was just surfing thru and saw your post. I too miss the old gang. I still talk to Royal on FB almost daily but never see any of the others there. I know many have passed. Good times back then for sure.

Re: Forum just not the same...; a few thoughts..
Posted by: Ron J
Date: August 17, 2019 09:27PM
Hello George! Nice to hear from you. I am Moderator of FB Coast Guard Lightship Sailors and Admin FB Lightship Alley ! Check it out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login