Findmall.com

20th Century Tales Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Cupajo, think I know what you mean, sorta think I know............
Posted by: Kelley (Texas)
Date: July 25, 2009 07:52PM
When I was eight years old, a friend of mine by the name of Jerry Brewer stole a nice pocket knife from me. It was a beautiful knife, two blades and bone handle with a "wolf" engraved on one side, "Howard's Hardware Store" on the other side. It was missing for almost a week before I spotted Jerry using it. I was going to whip his butt, but gave him another chance when he told me that he had found it out in the yard, and did not know that it belonged to me. He half way convinced me that maybe it had somehow fallen out of my pocket, not stolen like I originally thought. Years later, my poly rope disappeared from the barn and a few weeks later I saw Jerry using it. Needless to say, I did not cut him any slack this time and we went to fist city mode. Sad, but the friendship was also over...I have never liked a thief.

Now if I had applied your theory of learning from the past, I should have whipped his butt when he stole the knife and this would have prevented him from stealing my poly rope, correct? Cupajo, this is almost too complicated for me, would you mind if I just continued posting stories like I have always posted them? Let me off the hook and I will post a ghost story in the next day or two, fair enough? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I don't know what this is all about, but I like both of ya'll's stories! So both of you write us a good one! :wiggle:N/T
Posted by: Sunny
Date: July 25, 2009 08:02PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Oh! :rofl:N/T
Date: July 25, 2009 08:12PM

Re: Oh! :rofl:
Posted by: Cupajo
Date: July 26, 2009 05:16AM
Hi Fred,

Some how I have managed to have you think you are "on the hook" and that was never my intention!

Please Friend, continue with your fine stories and I'll continue to enjoy them and in my own slow way learn from them.

That is what matters most!!

Best to Ya Friend,

CJ

Re: I don't know what this is all about, but I like both of ya'll's stories! So both of you write us a good one! :wiggle:
Date: July 26, 2009 05:23AM
Hi Sunny,

I'm sorry if I confused you Kiddo!

I seem to do that for a lot of people when I start "waxing philosophic"!

I'll see if I can find another tale back there somewhere and pass it on!

As Friend Fred says, "Have a great day!"

CJ

Cupajo, sorry, I was just have some fun stirring the pot! ...................
Date: July 26, 2009 06:10AM
I got up early this morning with hopes of riding the bike somewhere to take a few pictures, but looks like the heat will be a killer again today at 102 with a heat index as high as 110 degrees. Looks like it will be another day spent at home doing indoor things or working in the shade with lots of gator aid water breaks. I guess that I could always visit some pawn shops or something. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

:unsure: Oh, okay! Just wonderin' if I needed to send you or Cowboy to your rooms! :rofl:N/T
Date: July 29, 2009 07:33PM

Sunny, you need to send Cupajo, not me! At the present time I am working............
Date: July 29, 2009 08:09PM
on the sunday school lessons for the kiddies. Kelley (Texas) :lol:

Next thing we know, you will be working on "Touched By An Angel"!!! :lol:N/T
Date: July 29, 2009 08:40PM

Re: :unsure: Oh, okay! Just wonderin' if I needed to send you or Cowboy to your rooms! :rofl:
Date: July 30, 2009 05:06AM
Not Again!?!?!?:shrug:

Guess you both lucked out this timeN/T
Date: July 30, 2009 07:18PM

Re: Guess you both lucked out this time
Date: July 30, 2009 09:14PM
Cupajo, she is not going to do anything to us, lives too far away! :rofl:N/T
Date: July 30, 2009 09:31PM

Re: Stories by Kelley (Texas) ............
Date: July 31, 2009 05:12AM
I'm not so sure about that Fred.

These Southern Women are full of surprises!!

CJ

:usaflag:Just spent some time viewing some ranch related pictures, thought you folks might ............
Date: August 05, 2009 09:12PM
like to see a few of them.

This is my cousin Cindy when she was training a horse named "Quaker."

This is my wife Debbie riding a horse that I had bought for my son, Dennis. Please note that she is riding bareback.

This is Dennis riding his new horse, Beau.

Another picture of Dennis riding Beau.

This is a picture of one of our herd bulls, named "Turk." "Turk" was one of my all time favorites and never became territorial or mean...but you still had to be careful around him. In this picture, he weighs about 1900 lbs and please note that you can see his ribs...he is lean and not fat. He could service approximately 25 cows.

These are a few cows that we had moved to a front pasture just before a storm hit. After the storm moved on, we moved the rest of the herd into that front pasture.

I now have over three hundred photos stored on the computer, along with stories about our ranching days....slowing putting together a ranch journal for our grandson and other kinfolks to read long after I have left this world. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

"Try to live up to your dog's opinion of you!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2009 06:28PM by Royal.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login