Findmall.com

20th Century Tales Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Same feeling here Dan! The lure of a Hunt is always there, although the treasure comes in many ways,
Posted by: Ron J
Date: December 03, 2008 04:59AM
whether it is a coin, ring or new friends,right here! :thumbup:

A delightful story Dan.. Thank you..
Posted by: Mikie
Date: December 03, 2008 08:25AM
Of all the treasures I have found over the years, the absolute best has been/is the people on this forum. Every one here I count as one of my best friends and we all seem to have in common the start with detecting.

One of the most enjoyable reads I have had.

Fair winds, calm seas

Mikie

"There's no present like the time"

"A dog is better than me, for she has love and does not judge"

"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most; That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in"

What a wonderful post :thumbup:
Posted by: Royal
Date: December 03, 2008 11:25AM
I have done most of my detecting alone for the obvious reason that I do it with scuba and few of my friends dove. I found it easy to find unhunted spots because of this same reason. Research was rather easy. Old people love to talk about the old days and it was easy to get them to open up about the old abandoned swimming areas of their youth. I have done great in these places.

The people on the web and especially this forum have always been great. I miss the ones that are no longer posting here, Rob, DaveVT, David TX, Butch, Laura, Sunny, John and Tom, and the many others from the early years but I guess that is life.

I would be happy to break bread with anyone that posts here and have with some. Like Wayne said when I met him and Mike in BC, He said, "It doesn't seem like a first meeting, it feels like a reunion" and I will tell you, it did.

Your post brought back some great memories from the early days of my detecting and I thank you for it. I think I have written about most of them in the past though. Gotta think on it

http://royalottmar.blogspot.com/

INCREDIMAIL TECH SUPPORT SUCKS. IT IS TERRIBLE AND DO NOT SIGN UP FOR INCREDIMAIL!!

Re: The evolution of a detectorist......last part
Posted by: Cupajo
Date: December 03, 2008 05:59PM
Hi Fellow Hunter,

Most of us that have been "hunting " for any time at all have stories to tell.

Yours are among the best I've ever read and are parallel to what many of us have experienced.

Thank you for a peek at your experiences and sharing your feelings about them. I for one am glad you wrote about them.

Regards and best wishes to you and yours,

Cupajo

Thanks Cupajo.........glad you liked it!N/T
Posted by: Dan-MO
Date: December 03, 2008 07:31PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Thanks Royal.....
Date: December 03, 2008 07:35PM
My problem with writing a story like this is knowing when to wrap it up! One thought keeps leading to another and I could write for days about hunts I have had......being a one finger typist would make that very hard!:lol:

Thanks Mike......
Date: December 03, 2008 07:47PM
I have found my share of old coins but nothing like you and others here have recovered.......When I started I had a wish list of coins I hoped to dig. Over the years I have managed to cross most of them off the list.....finding several of some. The two coins I have yet to dig are a gold coin or 3 cent piece......I thought I had dug a 3 cent piece once....but it turned out to be a Canadian fish scale.......Now how many of them could have been lost in Missouri? It was still a thrilling find and I still haven't gave up on the 3 cent piece or the gold coin.....might find one in the next signal I dig! Thanks for reading.

Thanks Wayne...and my wife now has several .....
Date: December 03, 2008 07:49PM
Rings I have dug. Oh well, it's lots more fun to dig them than buy them and it does get me out of the house!

Thanks Ron!N/T
Date: December 03, 2008 07:50PM

You never know on that gold coin Dan... I have been very fortunate to have found two... both US.. A $1.00 and a $10.00N/T
Posted by: Mikie
Date: December 03, 2008 08:25PM

I enjoyed that very much Dan.
Posted by: George-CT
Date: December 05, 2008 11:52AM
Your hunts remind me of some of mine. NIce to have those memories. Just looking at some of my finds knowing how I found them or where brings a smile. From your detecting, research to the folks on this site, pretty hard not to find treasure in some form. I'd say we are all winners....

Thanks for post.

George

Yes we are. The most productive place I found on land are sidewalks
Posted by: Royal
Date: December 05, 2008 03:22PM
find a place they are replacing them and it can be a goldmine!!

http://royalottmar.blogspot.com/

INCREDIMAIL TECH SUPPORT SUCKS. IT IS TERRIBLE AND DO NOT SIGN UP FOR INCREDIMAIL!!

I enjoyed your Stories very much.. Like the other folks here, it stirred memories of my own past experience with detecting and all the friends I have made... Thank you my friend! :beers:N/T
Posted by: Jim Vokes NY
Date: December 05, 2008 11:53PM

-------------------------- "Be patient! God isn't finished with me yet!"
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration!" -------------Hillary Clinton.

Thank you Jim!N/T
Date: December 06, 2008 02:16PM

You got that right.....Thanks George!N/T
Date: December 06, 2008 02:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login