Findmall.com

Beep & Dig Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Nice find, and I'm sure the Vaquero
Posted by: Monte
Date: November 11, 2017 08:43AM
will continue to surprise and impress you. All too often hobbyists can get caught up in all the modern detectors and start to refer to and even rely on the visual TID read-out. Sometimes they might try not to but unconsciously it can happen. Then they work the same locations with the likes of a good Tesoro that lacks any display distractions and we have to rely of the detector's audio response and raw, gut performance .... and then it happens! Keepers start to appear from out of nowhere from a place we thought was pretty much worked thin.

Reading you post this morning just made me decide to load my 'black' Vaquero w/6" Concentric and take a look at a few dug up places when I get some chores accomplished. best of success to you if you can get out hunting on this Veteran's Day.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My Regular-Use Detector Team are various models from: Makro, Nokta, Tesoro and White's
Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Tools: Using White's Ground Hawg Shovel and DigMaster digging tools.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Other models on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils. mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147

Re: Nice find, and I'm sure the Vaquero
Posted by: tiftaaft
Date: November 11, 2017 08:36PM
Monte
Sometimes they might try not to but unconsciously it can happen. Then they work the same locations with the likes of a good Tesoro that lacks any display distractions and we have to rely of the detector's audio response and raw, gut performance .... and then it happens! Keepers start to appear from out of nowhere from a place we thought was pretty much worked thin.

Monte

I am definitely guilty of this. I over rely on the digital readout and convince myself not to dig.. but I have been re-training myself to dig solid tones with this V.. and keepers have started to appear.

I would like to compare and contrast between the widescan and the concentric to understand better how each work in my soil.

I hope you were able to get out and hunt a little today between the rain clouds and found some keepers yourself.

Tim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2017 08:37PM by tiftaaft.

Re: Vaquero Black en route!
Posted by: hihosilver
Date: November 16, 2017 08:34PM
My next machine for sure, unless Tesoro comes out with something very similar with a little tone I.D.

Present machines: Golden uMax, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett pro-pointer
Past Machines: Bounty Hunter 840, Tesoro Outlaw
Oldest US Coin find: 1839 seated half dime (AU condition)

Re: Vaquero Black en route!
Posted by: tiftaaft
Date: November 17, 2017 12:02AM
hihosilver
My next machine for sure, unless Tesoro comes out with something very similar with a little tone I.D.

Hey hihosilver... what can you tell me about your golden and mojave... both machines I have looked into.. I would be interested in your thoughts. Tim.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login