Findmall.com

Beep & Dig Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
New Golden Umax depth?
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: November 16, 2017 09:44AM
The Golden Umax has captivated my attention with four tones.

But I am curious what folks are getting as far as depth on coins?

Re: New Golden Umax depth?
Posted by: slingshot
Date: November 16, 2017 10:45AM
It had captivated many of our interests- especially with the new videos on some remarkable tone ID settings. Too bad Tesoro couldn't find a part (?) to continue its production or I would have one.

Posted by: hihosilver
Date: November 16, 2017 08:32PM
Ahhh... the golden umax. I have really enjoyed this metal detector... so fun to use, especially with a 7”DD coil. With fresh batteries, the lowest disc setting, threshold set at about 1:00 o’clock, and the sensitivity set as high as I can go before it starts to really chatter... I can get 6 inches on a quarter, seven on a nickel, and 5 inches on a dime. That’s about it.

But... what fun, and as I said, the 7” DD coil is an awesome coil on this machine, making the four tones very distinctive. Once you get used to it, you can clearly hear the difference between a quarter and a penny/dime. Nickels are easy to I.d. With the lower middle tone too.

I will never sell mine, it is the old tone version and I bought it new, so it has the lifetime warranty.

That’s all!

Present machines: Golden uMax, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett pro-pointer
Past Machines: Bounty Hunter 840, Tesoro Outlaw
Oldest US Coin find: 1839 seated half dime (AU condition)

Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: November 16, 2017 08:44PM
I would say the New Tone version is at least a inch Hotter.
Then add the 8" Brown donut and get another inch.
I can Hit 9" Silver Dimes with mine with proper High tone soft and Modulated. Then again I think I Got a Hot one. According to the serial number it was the 7th one made.
Also My ground is Mild so the pre-set GB is set perfect for My ground. Also like mentioned above I run Sens. Into the Red before it chatters. And also Disc. at the very minimum and threshold barley audible. In others words as Hot as possible.

Etrac
CZ-3D
Golden uMax

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login