Findmall.com

Beep & Dig Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
A good way to clean your Tesoro (and maybe others? )
Posted by: SkiWhiz
Date: November 25, 2017 04:49PM
I have a Tesoro Bandido uMax that I am going to sell and it had a couple permanent ink marks/lines on the faceplate. The person that had it before me made a mark where a nickel and a zinc penny discs out. I didn't like the looks of the marks so I got a q-tip and put a very small dab of toothpaste on it and rubbed the permanent ink marks and they came right off. After wiping down the faceplate and the side decals the detector looks about as close to new as you can get.

Re: A good way to clean your Tesoro (and maybe others? )
Posted by: Stoof-tabsallday
Date: November 25, 2017 07:49PM
Good tip!!!

Stefan (Michigan)

Nokta Fors Relic 7x11", 5.5x10"DD, 5", 5.5x10 Concentric

Makro Racer 2 - 7x11", 5.5x10", 5" DD

:tesoro: Mojave
:tesoro: Deleon - Troy shadow super 7",
:tesoro: Compadre 8
:tesoro: Compadre 5.75
:tesoro: Bandido II Micromax
:tesoro: Outlaw
:tesoro: Cibola- GB/all metal toggle mod
:tesoro: Vaquero
:tesoro: Cutlass Micromax 8

Lots of coils

*Not listed in any special order*

Tools:
Garrett carrot, lesche shovel, Killer B Wasps, my bare hands

Posted by: fowlercharles
Date: November 25, 2017 10:17PM
Hi Steve, as Stefan said , that is a good tip and may encourage others to tidy up their machines some when they are wanting to sell or trade them. I've seen some machines on line for sale that looked like they had just been drug through a mud hole. That always causes me a ?? moment to be wondering how well the machine has been cared for. I always put a little spot of masking tape on the faceplate when I want to mark the nobs, so it could just be peeled off if need be. An old tooth brush is just fine for cleaning the nob grooves too. A slightly damp cloth works wonders over the whole machine to get the dirt and dust off and even a lite waxing can make an old machine sparkle again ! Same goes for maybe a little soap and water scrub on the coil! Not that I'm suggesting hiding any flaws or whatever but when getting a new /old machine we all have that bit of excitement of something new to us and a grungy machine says as much about the sender as it does about how it was maintained! Like that commercial used to say, " Look sharp! Be sharp" HH, Charlie

Posted by: ken ward
Date: November 26, 2017 07:01AM
Something that I do is go over everything with a cloth that I put furniture polish on it. That really cleans it up and it looks nice... KEN

My Detectors : Whites Surfmaster 2,,2 Tesoro Compadre,1 Detector Pro Pirate Pro 1 Silver uMaz, 1 Fisher 1266x

Posted by: slingshot
Date: November 26, 2017 09:46AM
Good to hear from you, Steve. On another note, I came across the tip of using a large eraser to spotlessly clean a cell phone faceplate and figure it might work on the detectors with visual faceplates.

Posted by: joe dirt_1
Date: November 26, 2017 11:33AM
I use Pro Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish on my detectors to keep them looking nice. It works on plastic,chrome,,paint,, and aluminum.
Spray it on a soft cloth and wipe the detector down. It works on cellphone screens, computer monitors, and it's great for detailing your bike also.
You can buy it on ebay or any Honda dealership.....16 oz.can is around six dollars.

Roger

Posted by: Hoser John
Date: November 26, 2017 11:51AM
Good old school rubbing alcohol-isopropyl works mighty fine with half water and leaves it streak free. John

Posted by: SkiWhiz
Date: November 27, 2017 11:25AM
Hoser John
Good old school rubbing alcohol-isopropyl works mighty fine with half water and leaves it streak free. John
I am sure it works good but I am always nervous using alcohol.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login