Findmall.com

Beep & Dig Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Tejon and after market coils.
Posted by: Happy_Hour
Date: December 09, 2017 07:14PM
what do you prefer, tesoro or after market coils.

Re: Tejon and after market coils.
Posted by: dirthunter
Date: December 10, 2017 09:34AM
I hope somebody chimes in! I've been wondering the same thing.

Posted by: Mega
Date: December 10, 2017 10:33AM
Me personally i prefer after market coils,some tremendous brand the best that i have found are NEL,current use a NEL Snake and Sharpshooter coils on my UK Vaquero,not used the Tesoro 11x8 coil its just sat in the corner gather dust,this is just my personal opinion is that some after market coils are built of a higher quality especially NEL and perform on par or in some cases better and also cheaper as well.

Of course what works for me may not work for others,but i do rate some aftermarket alot higher than stock coils or accessory coils made by the same brand as the detectors themselves.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Some of my site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Nexus MP 14x13
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Just remember, not all Tesoro models function similarly, and
Posted by: Monte
Date: December 11, 2017 10:54AM
different search coil sizes and types can also perform differently from one model to another.

You asked in the subject heading about the Tejón, and having owned and used that model, in the past, and working with others who have/had a Tejón for the places I mostly search ,which are heavily littered with nails and other small ferrous debris, then I prefer Tesoro's search coils. To be more specific, since I am mainly hunting in and around terribly littered sites, I prefer Tesoro's Concentric search coils over any Double-D coil, whether offered by Tesoro or an aftermarket supplier, and I have compared many of them, both types and a variety of sizes, on several Tejón's.

You didn't specify what applications they would be for, and that could make a difference. Having said that, I am a fan of several Tesoro models and all are equipped with a 6" or 7" Concentric search coil. I only have one DD coil for the Vaquero and that is the 8X11 RSD that came standard with my black-version unit.

I don't like the Tejón so I can't answer based on immediate comparison, but for the last two years working with others who have/had that model and an assortment of search coils, the Tesoro Concentric coils out-performed Tesoro and after-market DD coils in several Relic Hunting sites with dense iron debris.

Just my opinion for the type of sites I like to hunt.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My Regular-Use Detector Team are from:
Makro, Nokta, Tesoro and White's
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Additional search coils. mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.
Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using White's Pro Star w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Tools: Using White's Ground Hawg Shovel and DigMaster digging tools.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147

Posted by: dirthunter
Date: December 11, 2017 05:06PM
Thanks Monte!! Helpful as always.

Posted by: John (Ma)
Date: December 14, 2017 08:13PM
I like the stock coil myself

Posted by: Welgund
Date: December 16, 2017 02:33AM
I have been using Tesoro detectors since 1993 and have always felt that the Tesoro search coils worked better than any of the aftermarket coils. I am currently down to only 2 Tesoro detectors nowadays, the Vaquero and Mojave and am selling my Tejon and the only coils I have for them are the 5.75 concentric and 8 x 11 rsd.

Posted by: Normx2
Date: December 26, 2017 05:39AM
If it's made by Tesoro? then I like it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login