Findmall.com

Beep & Dig Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Tesoro DeLeon changing coils
Posted by: FunGus
Date: January 20, 2018 07:42AM
Here is a rookie question. With the fixed ground balance can you just swap coils and go with a DeLeon ,or would it need to be sent to the factory for a retune? I am guessing this question would be the same for the Mojave. Future Tesoro owner?

Re: Tesoro DeLeon changing coils
Posted by: Old California
Date: January 21, 2018 01:42AM
Hello fungus,

Normally, With some coils you can get away with changing coils with minor differences. Some will throw off GB and target ID, Just compare coils and if you find yourself liking a particular coil other than the stock coil you may want to send it in and have the Deleon paired with the coil.

If the differences are minor, I'd just leave it alone. I too have a Deleon, have tried other coils but preferred the stock coil.

Good luck,
Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Posted by: FunGus
Date: January 21, 2018 07:18AM
Thanks for the info. I am considering a used machine and weighing the "cost" of not having a warranty.

Posted by: Stoof-tabsallday
Date: January 21, 2018 10:29PM
Well I had mine tuned to my Tory super 7 coil (original coil on the Troy x2 made by Tesoro).
From my understanding, changing coils on fixed GB machines can be done so long as the change isn't too large size change from the stock coil.
Like going to a 5.75 on a machine which is tuned to an 8" donut or a 9x8 spider shouldnt cause much issue. I've heard of many doing this with the Deleon. But going to a 12x10 coil on that same detector would probably throw it off too much.
The thing about the Deleon and even the Cortes is that the ground balance in disc is strictly towed to how it gives a readout. That's why the Cortes GB only affects all metal.
The way I saw it is I love that 7" Troy coil and it's what I always use on it anyway, but it being tuned to a 7" coil means I can go up to an 8" donut or down to the 5.75 with almost not change and would still function.
Nowadays I'd probably say I'd do the same with the new "Mojave" precision 7 coil. The Troy coils are very hard to find but now having the precision 7 available it's a good thing.
I still prefer the Troy coil for some reason but the new precision 7 is very close.
Hope this helps somehow.

Stefan (Michigan)

Nokta Fors Relic 7x11", 5.5x10"DD, 5", 5.5x10 Concentric

Makro Racer 2 - 7x11", 5.5x10", 5" DD, 7" concentric

:tesoro: Mojave
:tesoro: Deleon - Troy shadow super 7",
:tesoro: Compadre 8
:tesoro: Compadre 5.75
:tesoro: Bandido II Micromax
:tesoro: Outlaw
:tesoro: Cibola- GB/all metal toggle mod
:tesoro: Vaquero
:tesoro: Cutlass Micromax 8

Lots of coils

*Not listed in any special order*

Tools:
Garrett carrot, lesche shovel, Killer B Wasps, my bare hands

Posted by: C.J.M.
Date: January 25, 2018 05:32PM
Believe it or not the best coil for that detector is the 8" donut hole coil,call Rusty @ Tesoro and ask him about it,he changed out mine works SUPER:clapping:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login