Findmall.com

Beep & Dig Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Favorite Tesoro
Posted by: Miser67
Date: February 12, 2018 12:12PM
I liked the Compadre and the Golden the best. The Compadre was just a joy to use: simple and highly sensitive. The golden was a great coin hunter in parks. When you heard that high tone, it was almost always a coin.

I just got a Mojave but have not tried it out yet. They say its as good as or better than the Compadre. We'll see.

As always, any post I make here is solely my opinion based on my own experience and knowledge. Feel free to disagree.

Posted by: umax
Date: February 12, 2018 02:14PM
Tejon with the 5x9 NEL coil and the Diablo UMax using the seldom seen 3x7 coil.

Posted by: Ratas de la Jungla
Date: February 12, 2018 02:17PM
I have never even heard of a 3x7 coil.

Posted by: Stoof-tabsallday
Date: February 12, 2018 03:13PM
I've heard of a smaller elliptical that was used on the original lobo. Not sure if that was the 3x7 though. They are hard to find

Stefan (Michigan)

Nokta Fors Relic 7x11", 5.5x10"DD, 5", 5.5x10 Concentric

Makro Racer 2 - 7x11", 5.5x10", 5" DD, 7" concentric

:tesoro: Mojave
:tesoro: Deleon - Troy shadow super 7",
:tesoro: Compadre 8
:tesoro: Compadre 5.75
:tesoro: Bandido II Micromax
:tesoro: Outlaw
:tesoro: Cibola- GB/all metal toggle mod
:tesoro: Vaquero
:tesoro: Cutlass Micromax 8

Lots of coils

*Not listed in any special order*

Tools:
Garrett carrot, lesche shovel, Killer B Wasps, my bare hands

Posted by: Jerry Ga.
Date: February 14, 2018 05:27PM
The Eldorado, both the metal box original and the u max version. My friend had several Civil War relics in his test garden, some were very deep.
My small box Eldorado with the 10" concentric coil would hit everything, even down to 16-18 inches on the larger relics.

Piglet coil
Posted by: Old California
Date: February 16, 2018 07:35PM
Think the original Lobo small elliptical coil was called piglet, I have one for my original Lobo.

Strange looking, coil connector mounts to upper front. Works great, small for tight areas.

Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Posted by: Old California
Date: February 16, 2018 07:43PM
Have two favorites, First is an original Tesoro Lobo. Great relic unit, getting one that works like it should makes a difference on performance.

Second favorite.... Tesoro Pantera, love the tones excellent as a coin unit or both coin and jewelry hunter. Not very deep, but with notch its a fun unit to operate.

Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Posted by: Heinyhunt
Date: February 18, 2018 08:52PM
Deleon

Posted by: underwatermetalman
Date: March 05, 2018 06:49PM
I have a few Tesoro's the old tone golden u-max, vaquero, stingray, tiger shark, and the beast Tejon. I love them all, for dirt I tend to use the Vaquero. I have compared it in depth to the M.L.s which I own several. The Vaquero and Tejon are faster and deeper than any thing else I own or have compared to. They all specialize, I bought the Tejon for relic hunting and used it in Alabama within a half hour I recovered a civil war bullet my brothers detector couldn't see. The Vaquero recovery is the fastest I have seen. I can pick targets in in trashy areas with near full discrimination. The Tiger and Stingray shine in freshwater, my M.L.s are great too but the Tesoro's are better on gold chains and have faster recovery in trashy areas. For the money Tesoro's are tough to beat, when I purchased my Tiger second hand I sent it in because it had a leak, for fifty dollars they made it like new!

Posted by: Heinyhunt
Date: March 05, 2018 08:38PM
Hmmmm...although I only have the Deleon and Mohave now. If I'm hunting manicured lawns and parks I'm using the Deleon. Because of the sure confidence I have with it. I think tesoros 10-12 k machines are all very good at finding the gold jewlery and silver..I mostly relic and coin hunt nowadays so I occasionally use the Mohave

Posted by: hikerboy
Date: March 06, 2018 12:46PM
Not seeing a lot of love for the Tejon. So here's my two cents. Had one for several years and it's been dropped, rained on, thrown across creeks prior to crossing, and bounced around in the bed of my truck all this time. It's been back to the factory once for a check up and the trigger switch replaced. Hunted along side the newest, latest and greatest machines and the Tejon holds her own pretty well. So it gets my vote. My Cibola with the 5.75 coil is no slouch either!

Posted by: Barry C from mass
Date: March 06, 2018 08:44PM
Bandito II umax and the Tiger Shark

Posted by: cal
Date: March 20, 2018 02:31PM
The Vaquero. This is the deepest machine I ever used in full discrimination when power balanced.

Posted by: cedarswamp
Date: April 09, 2018 10:51PM
I would not part with the lobo s.t very smooth machine its easy to tell most junk targets without the disc roll,,,,,CEDAR

Posted by: REVIER
Date: April 10, 2018 07:48AM
Right now the Mojave is my favorite.
It seems to drop my jaw on just about every hunt.

"What if doing the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?”
Currently using an F70 and a Mojave.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login