Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
MXT- 5x10 DD coil can't be beat Whites all the way :canadaflag: :detecting:.N/T
Posted by: Piperboy
Date: October 09, 2009 04:15PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

My bandido II was never that deep, the V is better for depth....N/T
Posted by: John(Tx)
Date: October 10, 2009 03:15PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: Well, even though you decided on an Explorer XS, let me comment.
Posted by: fematrailer
Date: December 25, 2017 09:26AM
I know you say you've found a lot of gold with your Vaquero. Can you tell me where do you put your descriminator and when your hunting, how best to determine the target is hold before you dig?

Re: Well, even though you decided on an Explorer XS, let me comment.
Posted by: REVIER
Date: December 26, 2017 07:32AM
fematrailer
I know you say you've found a lot of gold with your Vaquero. Can you tell me where do you put your descriminator and when your hunting, how best to determine the target is hold before you dig?

Look at the dates...this is a thread from 2009 and a lot of these guys haven't been on the forum in years.
Do a search in the Beep and Dig forum to get more current answers to your question and there are many ways to do this using Tesoros.
I hunt in low disc for the deepest, clearest most solid signals and thumb that knob up to not only the fade out point as Tesoro says to do to determine target types but past to silence then back down while swinging over targets and listen close to exactly how targets come in.
Lots of information can be gathered about targets this way, I have found gold with a few myself and I found all of them came in clean and clear although that is just my experience so far.
Swinging over targets while raising the coil higher can also tell you about targets as can just the sound of the tone because there are slight differences in that tone once you get experience recognizing them.

"What if doing the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?”
F70, F2, Compadre, Mojave, Judge2 - 2017....Clad, 15 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter, a beautiful walker and 4 V nickels...
Plus other cool stuff.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login