Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Perfect Pants For Metal Detecting!!!!
Posted by: ChicagoJohn
Date: February 10, 2015 07:14AM
lawsonland
What wear the Farm and Fleet jeans called? I tried to look them up but no luck
Thanks

Check on google.com Farm and Fleet double knee pant

Dickie Men's Stone washed double knee carpenter jean. Only 28 dollars!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2015 07:14AM by ChicagoJohn.

Posted by: Mxt Sniper
Date: February 10, 2015 09:01AM
I got two pairs of the standard Deluth Firehose pants in green color a couple months back, they are much more comfortable than my jeans they are my daily wear now, I gave up on Levis, they are all cut so weird now and uncomfortable. Most Levis are cut low rise now, no room. I am very happy with the Deluth pants, I wear knee pads when detecting so had no need of the ones with knee pads built in. You can catch them on sale now and then, I did. As for sizing, I bought same size I wear in a Levis and they fit great . A bit long to start with but they are perfect now after several washings. Super for bending, crouching.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2015 09:05AM by Mxt Sniper.

Posted by: ldhrelics
Date: April 16, 2015 06:52AM
I've been using these Fire Hose Pants for metal detecting for the past 3 years. For many years I made my own knee pad pockets for pants I wore cave exploring. It's great not having external knee pads. But, I hate the knee pads made for the Fire Hose Pants. I make my own from closed cell foam and they work great. I also love all the pockets. Now what I don't like and why I probably won't buy another pair. They really draw up if you wash them very much. I always let them air dry, but the legs are now about 3 inches shorter. Also the bottom of both pant legs have frayed terribly and I've really not worn them that much. I bought two pairs of camo pants years ago at K-mart that had denier on the fronts. I added knee pad pockets to them and they were so comfortable. They lasted for about 6 years and finally actually just wore out. I've never been able to find another pair. I'm still looking for a better pair of detecting pants. I'm leaning towards buying a good pair of camo pants with lots of pockets and add knee pad pockets and denier on the front for the briars and to add life to the knee section.

Date: April 16, 2015 07:09AM
I think you may have found the right pants to fit my hunting style. I'll have to order a pair today. I'm also going to put the Fire Hose Pants warranty to the test today. I am so disappointed in their longevity.

Date: April 16, 2015 11:04AM
I just ordered a pair of these pants. I sure hope they are as good as they appear. If so, I'll order another pair or two. Thanks for sharing this information.

Posted by: mudpuppy
Date: April 16, 2015 02:36PM
Screw the Firehose or any other pants for that matter!....I'm going with a Kilt this Summer!..:lmfao:.
Mud

Nasty words, and suggestive post.

Posted by: Southwind
Date: April 16, 2015 03:43PM
Love my setup

The real treasure is in the hunt...

Date: April 18, 2015 11:48AM
I just received the Blaklader pants and knee pads but I am returning them and sticking with the Fire Hose Pants from Duluth.

The Blaklader pants fit great, but the pockets are too small, and only one has a closure. The cell phone pocket is not big enough for today's Smartphones, and it too does not have a closure. I was thinking the pouches on the front would be a great place to keep your relics and trash, but they are too small and again no closure. All of the pockets should be deeper. The knee pads work great while kneeling, but when standing or walking they drop down below the top of your knee. This makes them very uncomfortable, and does not protect your knee. The pants may be acceptable for working, but they will not adapt very well to my style of metal detecting.

I guess if my only drawback with the Fire Hose Pants were the bottoms keep fraying, and the legs drawing up I'll just compensate by sewing canvas to the bottoms of them when needed. I tried ordering a longer pair, but the knee pads come out too low. Evidently, they are place in relation to the bottom of the pants rather than the top.

At least this is where I stand on the detecting pants issue. I'll keep looking for the right pair though.

Posted by: mudpuppy
Date: April 18, 2015 11:59AM
I tell you boys, super light all cotton khakis for $3 from the thrift shop is about as good as it gets..its a fun hunt too, 'popping tags' at the thrift shop or garage sales for our gear...:thumbup:
Mud.

Nasty words, and suggestive post.

Posted by: doc holiday
Date: April 18, 2015 12:39PM
After reading all the "perfect pants" posts, I believe a "Mud Kilt" would fit my situation best. 2 weeks ago while attempting to do a "good deed" I slipped down the greasy clay bank of my wife's fish pond and broke my right leg below the knee in 5 places--like Amos Moses,"make it count Son". Maneuvering the p iss jug in my easy chair/bed would be a lot easier with a "Mud Kilt".

Posted by: foreign object
Date: April 18, 2015 04:47PM
Guys take a look at the 5.11 Tactical pants.
Little pricy but I have been wearing the same two pair for two years now.

Light, dry fast.dbl. Knee and plenty of pockets.

I wear mine for everything outside.

Posted by: pan4au
Date: April 19, 2015 12:22PM
I've been using ACU BDU's because that have slide in knee pads which helps protect my old knees

Tn. TH'er
Nox 800
Minelab E-trac..
Fisher 1266X
Fisher F75 SE
Garrett Master Hunter 7X
Garrett Freedom II Plus
Minelab Pro-Find 35
Modded Cen-Tech pinpointer

Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: April 19, 2015 06:33PM
I want to be there when a dog sticks his cold nose under Muds Kilt just to see how high he jumps.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: April 20, 2015 02:51PM
I am a Cheap Skate. Goodwill is my clothier of choice. For detecting I have been buying a pair of pants put out by Dickies. They have a double layer of cloth at the knees. I figure that at the price I pay for them I could wear out quite a few pairs before I got anywhere close to the cost of those heavy duty fire house ones.

For detecting at the beach and in the water during the summer I wear a pair of Dickies shorts. Again Cheap and from Goodwill.

Got to save my dollars so I can afford stuff for detecting. Still haven't found a CTX-3030 at Goodwill for $29.99 even though I did find a Mont Blanc Ball Point pen with platinum trim.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Posted by: Wilbanii71
Date: January 14, 2019 11:59PM
Nice pants and other collection is also quite amazing. But I am okay with the designer patterns of beyond yoga leggings bought from my favorite store. Their looks and fit both are out of the world. Many of my friends ordered them after seeing mine. My sister is also using the tights I bought from the same site. Prices are a major benefit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login