Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Nautilus DMC-IIB
Posted by: filternozzle
Date: May 23, 2017 05:30PM
I live in the UK and for years used the Nautilus DMC-IIB and thought it was the best deep seeking discriminating detector I had ever used. Built in the USA by Tyndall Electronics, Coats.

How many of you remember how good this detector was/is?

Happy Hunting
Minelab GPX-5000 - Backup GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils.

Nautilus DMC-IIB
Posted by: vlad
Date: May 23, 2017 11:14PM
I have one-but things are so trashy its never used-unless I hit Civil War sites.
Your situation is much different there-items many thousands of years old +deep...................

Re: Nautilus DMC-IIB
Posted by: Mega
Date: May 24, 2017 01:12AM
Have never used a Nautilus but had the opportunity to buy one about 5 years back,if i am honest i think it was they way the batteries had been mounted that put me off,but have since found out that they never have caused any reliability issues,but since i have the 2 Nexus machines i doubt that i will need to add a Nautilus to my arsenal.

The hardest problem with you i would think is choosing which one too use as you have more than one :rofl:

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Some of my site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Nexus MP 14x13
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Posted by: HanoverDigger
Date: May 25, 2017 03:38PM
We started off using the old horseshoe handle LF. That thing was a monster to swing all day...and believe me...from dusk 'til dawn. It found civil war relics hand over fist. After retirement of that one, I got the Dmc and did very well with that. Then came the 2b which I still have, has undoubtedly found most of my confederate collection, not to mention union artifacts and coins, old and new. I have it packed up and ready to send in for a tune-up and a new coil. I believe it can still keep up with the VLF's of today.

* White's Mxt* Nautilus 2b w/ GG DMC headphones * Garrett At Max*Lesche Piranah* Garrett propointer* The "bomb" sheath w/Lesche digger* Deteknix W6 pro headphones* Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: May 31, 2017 11:38AM
Yes got a IIBa when they first came out. Dug My Deepest Indian coil for coil with it. It was 12" with a 8" Coil. The S-Rod set-up was alrite till I got a " Little" older. Then did the Whites Rod conversion much easier to swing. It has a Sweet Modulated Disc. Only tone it gives on super Deep coins that is addicting. The Indian had it. Once You hear it You don't forget it.

Golden uMax

Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: May 31, 2017 03:38PM
I still have one. Found a nice gold ring with mine.

Posted by: Richard@BackwoodsDetectors
Date: August 10, 2017 02:56PM
One of the best detetectors ever made !!
I got one when they came out and got one of my first US belt buckles with it. I was off the side of a hill from an artillery position and got a good signal. Dug and dug, and dug, and dug... (I can't remember if pinpointers were out then but I didn't have one) I had been very careful digging but at 16", I said "to crap with it." I slammed the shovel in the center of the holes (by now it's big enough to bury your family pet in) and a couple inches in, I heard that terrible sound... metal against :rage:metal. I put a big scratch mark on the front of an absolutely beautiful plate. One of my first impressions with the DMC-IIB. I will admit, it took my brain awhile to adjust to the audio but once you pick up on it, your good to go.

HH, Richard

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2017 02:58PM by Richard@BackwoodsDetectors.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login