Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: What machine are you going to get next??
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: November 09, 2017 04:33PM
OregonGregg
None, have a Racer 2 and Fors Core. They will do everything I need them to do now and in the future. If Makro comes out with a waterproof machine, I prob will get that. Have some places I could play around in on those hot July/Aug summer days.

I don't have an all weather detector to use in inclement weather so I am picking up an equinox 800 to add to my Racer 2 and etrac. The Racer 2 and etrac are very capable for what I use them for and hopefully the equinox, as a weather resistant all purpose detector, will be a solid complement to these other two.

The nice thing is that when I'm out ghost towning with Gregg and Monte and the rest of the crew going to the WTHO's, I know there is a car load of spare detectors and coils between everybody to use in an emergency.

Rich (Utah)

. . . . enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Posted by: Southwind
Date: November 12, 2017 08:58AM
Have a Impact coming and will buy the Equinox as soon as it is out.

The real treasure is in the hunt...

Posted by: DigDeepNow
Date: November 15, 2017 08:12PM
Thinking hard about an Equinox

Posted by: Jackpine Savage
Date: November 16, 2017 03:59AM
Definitely the Equinox. I have been waiting sooo long for something that is truly new tech not a rehash of VLF. Based on the features alone this thing pretty much has it all.

Save the Concentrics

Minelab Advantage, G2, Omega 8500, X-Terra 705, F75 DST and a Fisher ID Edge

Posted by: Jackpine Savage
Date: November 16, 2017 04:03AM
Amen to that! :bouncy:

Save the Concentrics

Minelab Advantage, G2, Omega 8500, X-Terra 705, F75 DST and a Fisher ID Edge

Posted by: Mkus
Date: November 16, 2017 10:43AM
Rich (Utah)
OregonGregg
None, have a Racer 2 and Fors Core. They will do everything I need them to do now and in the future. If Makro comes out with a waterproof machine, I prob will get that. Have some places I could play around in on those hot July/Aug summer days.

I don't have an all weather detector to use in inclement weather so I am picking up an equinox 800 to add to my Racer 2 and etrac. The Racer 2 and etrac are very capable for what I use them for and hopefully the equinox, as a weather resistant all purpose detector, will be a solid complement to these other two.

The nice thing is that when I'm out ghost towning with Gregg and Monte and the rest of the crew going to the WTHO's, I know there is a car load of spare detectors and coils between everybody to use in an emergency.
The equinox 800 is completely waterproof it will replace my etrac because it is waterproof and a lot lighter! and im keeping my Deus!

Rich (Utah)

Posted by: daddyflea
Date: December 07, 2017 02:43PM
Just bought a VX3 after selling my V3I

Minelab Etrac
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Whites VX3
Stock 9.5 Concentric
6X10 Whites DD
4X6 Whites DD
Sunray DX-1 Probe
TRX Pinpointer
Garrett Pro pointer (Carrot Stick)
DetectorPro Rattler Headphones
Predator Tools 31c digger
Lesche digger
Lesche Heavyweight Mini Pick

Posted by: Rick(ND)
Date: December 07, 2017 11:53PM
Just got in a new Whites MX7 that will be my wife's detector and have a Minelab Equinox ordered for myself when they are released as I am number 4 my dealer gets in.

Sovereign GT
soon to be added the Minelab Equinox 800 and the Makro Kruzer
Noka Impact Pro
Timberwolfs HP for the Sovereign
Uni Probe For The other detectors
Got the detectors, just need time to use them

Posted by: Southwind
Date: December 08, 2017 02:05AM
I'm done until the Equinox comes out.

The real treasure is in the hunt...

Hey Rick (ND)
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: December 08, 2017 08:33AM
Please let us know how well the Equinox does especially in trashy areas. I too have been looking at that detector but will wait for reports to come in.

Date: December 08, 2017 08:38AM
daddyflea

Huh? :shrug:
I'm curious why you went from a V3i to a VX3? Is it because the VX3 is less complicated?
What are the primary differences?
I just got a V3i and have found it to be an awesome machine! I've been going over this small area of a park with
my Deus (which is a fantastic detector by the way) and my E-trac, and Detech Chaser and then with my V3i.
The V3i finds goodies that the others don't. Now one caveat: It is **possible** I just didn't get my coil over the goods
with the other detectors prior to going over them with the V3i. The best test would be to do a comparison with each
target with each machine. Sometimes I will take both the E-trac and V3i or Detech and V3i out and compare targets.
The Detech is awesomely DEEP even with the 9" coil! But the V3i is also very deep and very good in trash with the stock D2 10" coil.

Date: December 08, 2017 08:41AM
Put your detector on a remote controlled toy that can travel in sand and have your headphones be wireless. When the coil gets over the object, remotely stop the toy, get up, dig the gold,
sit back down and start again.

Posted by: daddyflea
Date: December 08, 2017 12:38PM
Tony N (Michigan)
daddyflea

Huh? :shrug:
I'm curious why you went from a V3i to a VX3? Is it because the VX3 is less complicated?
What are the primary differences?
I just got a V3i and have found it to be an awesome machine! I've been going over this small area of a park with
my Deus (which is a fantastic detector by the way) and my E-trac, and Detech Chaser and then with my V3i.
The V3i finds goodies that the others don't. Now one caveat: It is **possible** I just didn't get my coil over the goods
with the other detectors prior to going over them with the V3i. The best test would be to do a comparison with each
target with each machine. Sometimes I will take both the E-trac and V3i or Detech and V3i out and compare targets.
The Detech is awesomely DEEP even with the 9" coil! But the V3i is also very deep and very good in trash with the stock D2 10" coil.

You hit the Nail right on the head. I wanted a new Detector so I traded my V3i for the ETRAC. Loved the ETRAC but started seeing I had not increased my finds and I really missed that wonderful screen. I really did not want another complicated V3i with all those filters, correlate mode, boost, and all the other adjustments that had me confused quite often. I wanted the V3i back without the complications, thus VX3. Still waiting on it but I think I will enjoy it. I still have an ETRAC by the way.

Minelab Etrac
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Whites VX3
Stock 9.5 Concentric
6X10 Whites DD
4X6 Whites DD
Sunray DX-1 Probe
TRX Pinpointer
Garrett Pro pointer (Carrot Stick)
DetectorPro Rattler Headphones
Predator Tools 31c digger
Lesche digger
Lesche Heavyweight Mini Pick

Posted by: tarajudy
Date: December 08, 2017 11:27PM
ME TOO MINE LAB EQ 800. JUST ORDERED IT FROM KELLYCO.. MINE LAB HAS A 15% DISCOUNT FROM KELLYCO FOR VETERANS JUST EMAIL A COPY OF DD214. EQ800 WAS 899.00 WITH DISCOUNT PAID 768.00 FREE SHIPPING ALSO. JUST CALL THEM. EASY TO DO. TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR DD214 OR ID CARD EMAIL TO THE REP. YOU WERE TALKING TOO AND ITS DONE

Posted by: WV62
Date: December 09, 2017 09:17AM
I just got my next and last detector this past summer, I got the E-trac and even as a beginner my silver coin count has went way up. So I may get another coil or two but I am staying with the E-trac.

I am glad I tried the E-trac.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login