Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
2017 nearing the end .
Posted by: Elton
Date: December 05, 2017 10:01PM
What was your favorite find this year (2017) ... any brand detector any type detecting ...
It doesn't have to be considered a great find in anyone else's eyes.. Just your opinion counts.
Big or small ......... old or new.

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors

Re: 2017 nearing the end .
Posted by: still looking 52
Date: December 06, 2017 08:43AM
Barber halve dollar, 1902 with an O mint mark. Not only my best find this year but my best find of my life.

Posted by: jim tn
Date: December 06, 2017 12:35PM
Nothing really outstanding this year Elton, but just did hit the 100 silver coin mark for the year. Mostly been swinging the F 75 LTD2 DST with a little Omega and A T Pro thrown in from time to time. HH jim tn

Posted by: jimmy clark
Date: December 06, 2017 02:13PM
1857 seated quarter.my best coin ever in fine shape.useing dfx.

Nice find JimmyN/T
Date: December 06, 2017 09:45PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

WOW Jim as usual your diligence and know how pays off.N/T
Date: December 06, 2017 09:46PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2017 09:49PM by Elton.

Looking52 ..That is awesome and would be many hunters best find if they were to hit one.N/T
Date: December 06, 2017 09:48PM

Re: WOW Jim as usual your diligence and know how pays off.
Posted by: wyohunter99
Date: December 06, 2017 10:27PM
In my 15 years (on & off) of detecting I have never found a Buffalo Nickel. Finally got one last weekend, with a date 1929.

Posted by: RLOH
Date: December 07, 2017 12:26AM
Elton, I had a very nice year detecting considering I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis in late March. I spent most of the spring getting meds adjusted and then we had a very dry summer. Not much detecting until September, but was feeling great from then on. I was able to hunt about four days a week all fall. Fall is my favorite time to detect,

I used several detectors early in the year that I did not bond with so I used my trusty Fisher F5 and Minelab Safari for most of the detecting season. I have owned more detectors than I can remember and the F5 is one of my all time favorites. I put a NEL Sharpshooter coil on it and it will find the coins. I keep an accurate journal of all my finds and ended up with 42 silver coins. Nothing great, but any silver in the hole makes my day. I did manage to find a 1967 womans gold class ring that I was able to return, which is always a nice feeling.

Lots to think about for next year. As always, this forum makes for great entertainment. Good luck to all and have a great holiday season!

Posted by: oldmoney
Date: December 07, 2017 08:17AM
I have only been hunting for about 3 years now, and I hunt areas that were picked over years ago. That being said there are a lot of nickles in the ground and its a 150 year old fair grounds. But like Wyohunter99 said "never found a buffalo" and I had never found a "v" either. A few weeks ago I took my wife out hunting and this would be her first real hunt. After about 30 minutes into hunting I found a 1906 "V", I was on cloud nine. My wife Lori wasn't finding anything so I told her hunt were I was and I would move to another location. With in ten minutes she had a decent target but the ground was too hard for her to dig so I came over to help her. I popped out a plug and on the bottom of it was a nickel. My son grabs it and starts to clean it off but can't tell what it is. I take one look at it and it was a Buffalo. But not just any Buffalo, a 1914 d buffalo. So my wife found in about 1 hour , what I have never found, and on top of that it was a key date as well. So my favorite find this year wasn't mine, but Loris

Location makes a difference sometimes..even within the same field.
Date: December 07, 2017 08:32AM
Nice finds indeed no matter if she smoked you ( LOL) just teasing you a little. Great job on the finds you guys made.

Awesome RL...Good job...
Date: December 07, 2017 08:34AM
I know you love the hobby....... and you always do well. 42 silvers in the areas we hunt is "VERY GOOD".... I'm really glad to hear your getting that R-A under control.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2017 08:46AM by Elton.

Congrats Wyo ... Nothing like finding something you have been looking for.. Keeps things interesting.N/T
Date: December 07, 2017 08:37AM

Re: Congrats Wyo ... Nothing like finding something you have been looking for.. Keeps things interesting.
Posted by: ken ward
Date: December 07, 2017 12:48PM
I got my Mojave this past spring, I think in March.
I found a lot of pull tabs.. KEN

My Detectors : Whites Surfmaster 2,,2 Tesoro Compadre,1 Detector Pro Pirate Pro 1 Silver uMaz, 1 Fisher 1266x

Posted by: wyohunter99
Date: December 07, 2017 01:10PM
oldmoney
I have only been hunting for about 3 years now, and I hunt areas that were picked over years ago. That being said there are a lot of nickles in the ground and its a 150 year old fair grounds. But like Wyohunter99 said "never found a buffalo" and I had never found a "v" either. A few weeks ago I took my wife out hunting and this would be her first real hunt. After about 30 minutes into hunting I found a 1906 "V", I was on cloud nine. My wife Lori wasn't finding anything so I told her hunt were I was and I would move to another location. With in ten minutes she had a decent target but the ground was too hard for her to dig so I came over to help her. I popped out a plug and on the bottom of it was a nickel. My son grabs it and starts to clean it off but can't tell what it is. I take one look at it and it was a Buffalo. But not just any Buffalo, a 1914 d buffalo. So my wife found in about 1 hour , what I have never found, and on top of that it was a key date as well. So my favorite find this year wasn't mine, but Loris
oldmoney I have found V nickels but the Buffalos have always seemed to allude me!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login