Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
troy x5 shadow
Posted by: Texan
Date: December 14, 2017 09:39PM
Always wanted to try one and have it on the way. Anyone ever use one?

Etrac [ Fisher1235 and F75 ] Whites Mxt and M6 [ Troy Shadow 5 ] Lesche digger,Whites TRX pinpointer. Love to coinshoot and attend competition hunts.

Re: troy x5 shadow
Posted by: TerryEastTexas
Date: December 15, 2017 12:29AM
I have had three of them. I keep coming back to it. It's light weight goes with my bad back. It's very sensitive to small targets. It goes deep. I like the light tone on a deep target and it is simple to use.

Re: troy x5 shadow are one of my favorites.
Posted by: Rick(ND)
Date: December 15, 2017 01:17AM
I wish I had never sold the one I had as it did good for me and easy to use. I found that doing air test was not as deep as actual hunting and also digging a plug and putting a coin in it didn't get the depth as the actual coins in the ground did. One more thing for me was by swinging the coil faster on some close signals a coin would lock on while trash like bottle caps would break up, so I always swing over a target and change the speed and those that locked on where good one while those that started to beak up were false off of iron.

Good Luck as you have a very good detector.

Rick

Posted by: silverseeker 2
Date: December 15, 2017 02:40AM
You won't regret having one in the arsenal. Can go deep.
Very good relic finder. It'll find deep coins but that takes
some learning. They like Iron. Like Terry says, great on
small targets. Found some really nice brass items, and
small crackerjack toy items from way back, and tokens.
Had one, sold it, bought another one. Found me my best
relic in Virginia one year on a trip. It was a golden glint
Eagle cuff button with many Minnie ball bullits. Haven't
used her in awhile though. Good Luck with her....
silverseeker 2

Good units, deep, light-hard to find....
Posted by: vlad
Date: December 15, 2017 04:39AM
Troy told me he had only his personal unit left--who knows.....call him up :lol:

Posted by: Tom_in_CA
Date: December 15, 2017 08:08AM
silverseeker 2
.... They like Iron. ....

The first ones out were WAY too "chatty" . Scores of iron objects were practically indistinguishable from various iron objects. So they had to revamp (dumb it down on sens. level ?).

It's not a machine intended for certain types hunting, that's for sure. There's going to be way better turf machines. There's going to be way better wet salt machines. There's going to be better machines in nasty soil minerals. So it just depends on what type hunting a person intends to do.

I had the x2 and loved it for certain ghost-townsy needs. It's basically akin to a variety of two-filter Tesoros, which are all about the same. The x5 was merely an "amped up" version of that. Which .... got some flack because, as noted, therefore became chatty and loves iron.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login