Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Detech Chaser One Touch GB
Posted by: dan h
Date: December 15, 2017 12:31PM
The owner's manual refers to but does not explain automatic ground balance. An advertisement posted by a metal detector vendor lists the features of the Chaser and mentions One Touch Ground Balance. So, while inside in my apartment, I turned on detector and pressed the ground balance button once, and the detector emitted 3 beeps. An error message because I wasn't bobbing the detector, or to signal that it had automatically GB'ed? And if the latter, autotracking or a one-time automatic GB?

A well-written manual can be crucial to the sales of any product, including metal detectors. Detech needs to completely redo the manual ASAP!

Re: Detech Chaser One Touch GB
Posted by: Elton
Date: December 15, 2017 01:38PM
Very rarely can a detector of any brand name be Ground balanced indoors...Unless your using a specific mineral rock etc. Then your only balancing to that specific mineral makeup.

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2017 01:41PM by Elton.

Date: December 15, 2017 02:41PM
Wasn't trying to GB, only to see what the detector did by way of audio or visual signals. Will put it to the test in a park when the freezing weather is over.

Posted by: Frank in NH
Date: December 15, 2017 03:52PM
Dan watch a few You Tube vids they will show how. I have one coming next week i will try it myself.

Date: December 15, 2017 05:13PM
Bought the Chaser in early November and have used the typical bobbing ground balance. Will check videos to see if there is another way.

Date: December 17, 2017 10:17AM
Finally got outside today for a few minutes to try "One Touch" ground balance on my apartment's lawn. One touch on Ground Balance brought up the usual display to start pumping the coil, which I did. Maybe that advertisement that mentions One Touch was based on a misunderstanding. So the Chaser has preset and manual. But, the owner's manual still has that puzzling reference to automatic GB!

Date: December 18, 2017 09:23AM
Quick Overview of Chaser, "One-Touch Ground Adjust" is what I originally saw on a vendor's site. I haven't seen it in action, so will forget it for now. A new, comprehensive manual written by a fluent English speaker would answer all questions!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login