Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Fisher F- Pinpointer
Posted by: 5900_XL-1
Date: May 29, 2018 12:08PM
Try shaking the F-Pulse and listen/feel if there seems to be.a rattle. My brand new unit was acting up with just a slight "jab in the hole". Then it would finally shutdown or lockup.

The battery cap spring inside wasn't holding the batteries snug and the power was apparently intermittent. Someone in quality control and assurance dropped the ball on that one. Who knows how many others peeps received had that spring?

Posted by: RavRad
Date: June 01, 2018 03:59PM
basstrackerman
Short list indeed .. I have a question.. both of my f-pulse pinpointers hate my equinox. I've went through all of the frequency shifts , I believe 16 and none help it completely. If I'm 5 ' from detector my pinpointers misbehave.. chatter, stop detecting smaller items, lose alot of sensitivity etc. But as soon as I shut off detector they start acting normal. I love how they are when detector is off, but absolutely hate both of them anywhere near my detector.. to the point of selling both and trying something else. Any suggestions??

That’s a bummer. My F-Pulse and F75 were like that, had to pop the headphones up to pinpoint as the F75 went nuts but pointer ran fine. My Equinox 800 and F-Pulse work well together, I don’t even have to noise cancel the Equinox to the pointer or freq shift the pointer and runs quiet even when almost on top each other. Guess I got lucky, not sure why results would vary.

Posted by: iDetectorX
Date: June 04, 2018 02:35AM
I got my Tek-Point (same as F-Pulse, different color) this weekend and took it out with my Equinox. Some interference if the machine was too close, but in any case even where there was some it wasn't enough to prevent it from doing its job at all. My TRX seems to have the same effect. Both are high range, sensitive pinpointers, so that might have something to do with it too. I'd take that anyday for the impressive range. In my upstate NY soil the TRX edged the Tek as far as in ground range, but ever so slightly. When I took them into higher mineralization though, the Tek pulled ahead as I had to back the TRX down to find stability. I'm digging the power of the Teks LED too. Played nicely with my V3i as well.

Posted by: Dave_E
Date: June 04, 2018 09:03AM
When using my F-Pulse with my Nokta Impact, I get bad interference when the Impact is in 5kHz.
It's quiet when in 14kHz or 20kHz.

I changed frequency in the F-Pulse so it's quietest in 14 and 20 because I'm almost always running them.

Posted by: Terra1959
Date: June 10, 2018 10:20PM
basstrackerman
Short list indeed .. I have a question.. both of my f-pulse pinpointers hate my equinox. I've went through all of the frequency shifts , I believe 16 and none help it completely. If I'm 5 ' from detector my pinpointers misbehave.. chatter, stop detecting smaller items, lose alot of sensitivity etc. But as soon as I shut off detector they start acting normal. I love how they are when detector is off, but absolutely hate both of them anywhere near my detector.. to the point of selling both and trying something else. Any suggestions??

Hi,
Yes, Turn on both the Equinox and F-Pulse .
Then with the F-Pulse On do a Noise Cancel with the Equinox.
That should solve interference

Another tip is to not lay the Equinox coil flat on the ground whilst using the F-Pulse nearby.
If possible have the coil on edge and away from the target hole.

good luck and I hope this helps

downunder ... South Australia.

X-Terra70, E-Trac, Excalibur II, CTX3030, Equinox 800

Fisher F-Pulse, Garrett Pro pointer., SITO scoop

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login