Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Finally back at it!
Posted by: Foreverteachable
Date: April 22, 2018 12:02AM
It has been years since I have been here. The last time I was a regular was when the Friends and Finds was still around. I got into fly fishing and focused on that for a while but finally found some balance and tried out a Whites Coinmaster I bought to use with my students in science topics class. I hit a plowed field and was blown away by the finds in two 2 hour hunts. I have since been back with my shadow X5 in the Fisher F-22 but that first day with the Whites was the best day with 1787 and 1739 coppers, a cool carved lead axe, 3 buttons and another coin. It is good to be back but now I got the bug again and want to get another detector ;-)

Re: Finally back at it!
Posted by: vlad
Date: April 22, 2018 03:25AM
You are getting great results as is---hunt until you find nothing...........then hit a new area! :detecting: :rofl:
(But if you are determined to buy, look at a T-2 SE Ltd; or, Impact and Multi Kruzer--you can choose 1 of 3 frequencies, they are deep--recovery speed varies by program
and great in iron. (look on youtube at them)
Check out Finds Classified Ads for used detectors, or Announcements at the top of page for Sponsors and Dealers (you will not get stuck with a Chinese imitations either.)

Re: Finally back at it!
Posted by: Foreverteachable
Date: April 22, 2018 10:32AM
Thanks a bunch Vlad and I remember you from when I used to frequent the forum. Have a great afternoon! I am in Oneonta babysitting with my wife and brought my detector for when our nephew takes a nap ;-).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login