Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Here's My Payout In $$$ For The Past 4-5 Years Of Gold And Silver:smoke:
Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: May 04, 2018 10:58AM
I had a mixed batch of 9 ounces of gold finds (various karats) and about 20 ounces of silver (not coins) including silver filing from coin-ring making. Metal detecting is a great hobby, and one that can pay for itself. :twodetecting:

Re: Here's My Payout In $$$ For The Past 4-5 Years Of Gold And Silver:smoke:
Posted by: Joedaddy276
Date: May 04, 2018 06:48PM
Hell yeah that's awesome.great to get back after so much put in,I'm waiting on my first gold! Lol

Posted by: dfmike
Date: May 04, 2018 07:51PM
Great hobby indeed. Did you shop around before settling on them ? Any Canadian metal companies worth considering ?

Active detectors and accessories: Fisher F19 LTD on Mars universal shaft, F19 on original shaft, Nokta Fors CoRe, Whites MX7, Makro and Nokta pointers. Killer B's and Jolly Rogers headphones and assorted coils.
Previous detectors in order of acquisition: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Fisher F5, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Posted by: jarid
Date: May 04, 2018 10:15PM
very nice. and thank you for all the sharing that you do on this forum

Posted by: Snap On Man
Date: May 05, 2018 11:37AM
What a great post. Exercise, fresh air and beer money. What else could you ask for!

Posted by: Tom_in_CA
Date: May 05, 2018 12:44PM
Nice. A hobby that pays for itself :)

So... Once you deduct cost of equipment, gas, laundry money getting dog poo off the knees...
Posted by: Chris(SoCenWI)
Date: May 05, 2018 05:07PM
It's definitely a hobby. Perhaps make 4-5 cents an hour when all is said and done.

I've met people who have seen one of them dumb detecting shows and think there is money to be made from metal detecting. So they go to Wal-mart and buy a $79 dollar detector and head to the local park and dig it up with Ditch-witches and Claymores; leave crap everywhere and get the all the public sites closed to detecting. I tell people that if you are doing it for the money you are way better off walking road ways for aluminum cans.

That said I've been detecting since I was 12 and find the hobby and history fascinating.

Chris

Re: So... Once you deduct cost of equipment, gas, laundry money getting dog poo off the knees...
Posted by: still looking 52
Date: May 06, 2018 07:33PM
Any money made from detecting is a bonus, the real treasure is in the hunt. I do remember a forum member that found 600$ in a small roll of bills that had blown up against a chain link fence and after that he would always hunt the up wind side of the fences hoping for more finds like that.

Posted by: whyicare
Date: May 06, 2018 10:47PM
Metal detecting is fun and rewarding but I wouldn't quit my daytime job and do this on a full-time basis. It is a great hobby indeed.

Posted by: BH505Man
Date: May 10, 2018 01:03AM
You're right. From a money per hour standpoint a minimum wage job pays more. However it's the love of the hunt, the fresh air, exercise and camaraderie... that is the real treasure found in this hobby.

Walt from Washington State
US Air Force TSgt, Retired
Served 1972 - 1994

Bounty Hunter Legacy 3500 with 4", 8", 10" & 11"DD coils, Tek-Point pinpointer, Lesche digging knife, Lesche Sampson shovel, homemade 3" diameter plug popper, Teknetics T2 Classic with 5"DD,11"DD & 15"DD, CORS Strike (NEL Tornado) 12x13" DD coils.
Previous detectors: Relco BFO, Whites Coinmaster BFO, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Cen-Tech pinpointer.

Posted by: Foreverteachable
Date: May 21, 2018 08:22PM
Great payout! I'm posting a question about this shortly, thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login