Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Used Etrac's
Posted by: Foreverteachable
Date: May 08, 2018 07:16PM
Elton that is a great point! I was thinking of trading my Shadow X5 to get money towards the more expensive etrac, but why not do what you said ;-) It will be my first minelab so either way I'll like it and still have a great relic machine to use when the battery dies ;-)

Posted by: Willee
Date: May 08, 2018 07:42PM
Foreverteachable
Elton that is a great point! I was thinking of trading my Shadow X5 to get money towards the more expensive etrac, but why not do what you said ;-) It will be my first minelab so either way I'll like it and still have a great relic machine to use when the battery dies ;-)

I have had just about all the Minelab detectors and I just dont understand why they released the Equinox series.
Its better than the CTX-3030 in that it is lighter, cost way less, waterproof, and just as deep detecting.
How they gonna sell the CTX-3030 now that the Equinox is here?
Dont get me wrong ... I am very happy to buy a multi freq, waterproof, super stable, Minelab Equinox 600 for $700 instead of their more expensive detectors and am grateful they are saving me so much of my hard earned cash.
Its gonna be interesting how the other top detector makers respond to it and try to create something as good or better at that cost point.
As it stands right now the Equinox detector is top dog for beach and shallow water hunting in saltwater. In My Humble Opinion.

Re: Used Etrac'sN/T
Date: May 08, 2018 07:50PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2018 08:00PM by Foreverteachable.

Date: May 08, 2018 07:56PM
It is good to hear your thoughts on it as well Willee. I started detecting in Connecticut and my buddy had the IDX Pro and I switched from Classic ID to DFX. We had a lot of Cellar holes to hunt fields and some great Colonial areas. We did really well with our whites but the time to or two that I had a chance to hunt with a buddy that had the Explorer I was totally impressed. My other buddy had an old Sovereign or similar unit that he did really well with too so I've always wanted one but I have so many hobbies or perhaps thought one detector was enough that I never really splurged for one.

Posted by: jd88047
Date: May 11, 2018 03:07AM
My Etrac is built pretty solid. I do not see having any issues with the unit itself. The coils now thats another story. With the new Nox and Kruzer out there you could get those new for the price of a used Etrac. But Etrac is gonna eat their lunch. Now one detector that is cheaper than the nox is the F75. Still think the F75 holds its own. Not as much info as the Etrac, but deeper and quicker recovery. But it is not a race, the Etrac is gonna give you the info you need to dig. There is a good reason you will dig a lot of pennys, thats because a guy with a Etrac has been hunting in front of you lol.

Date: May 11, 2018 05:43AM
Great info JD. My initial thoughts were the Patriot or an F75+. I used an F22 this year and enjoyed it. I also like the battery life and batteries on the Fisher. I saw the price of the eqinox and multi cruzer and thought why not get one. Glad you mentioned the F75 and I am curious if anyone else has compared it to the minelabs.

Used Etrac's
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: May 11, 2018 07:00PM
FT,

I wouldn't discount the 800 or 600 because of the rechargeable battery system, Having both the Etrac and 800, I find them to be complimentary detectors. I would feel uncomfortable to have only one or the other.

Rich -

Date: May 11, 2018 10:46PM
Thanks Rich! It is wild how the different experiences of others and further research can change one's mind. I was almost thinking of buying the F75 again after some other reviews and comparisons. :-)

Posted by: Neil
Date: May 13, 2018 11:04AM
Foreverteachable
Great info JD. My initial thoughts were the Patriot or an F75+. I used an F22 this year and enjoyed it. I also like the battery life and batteries on the Fisher. I saw the price of the eqinox and multi cruzer and thought why not get one. Glad you mentioned the F75 and I am curious if anyone else has compared it to the minelabs.

I have a T2 ltd, Etrac and Shadow X5. Dry sand at the beach they are all about the same in depth. Wet sand the Etrac beats them easily and is smooth as silk.

The Etrac is also the best of the three at ID at depth.

Ive used a lot of them and the depth thing always makes me shake my head....if every detector truly was "an inch or so deeper" as claimed we would be digging to china by now. There are limits that apparently cant be beaten or haven't yet, and the more you use detectors the more you see how a lot of it is just marketing.

The three I have are all fantastic machines and specialize in some way or another.

in everything give thanks

Etrac
X5
T2

Date: May 13, 2018 06:58PM
Great feedback! I really appreciate it!

Posted by: Willee
Date: May 13, 2018 08:10PM
Rich (Utah)
FT,

I wouldn't discount the 800 or 600 because of the rechargeable battery system, Having both the Etrac and 800, I find them to be complimentary detectors. I would feel uncomfortable to have only one or the other.

Rich -

I feel like you Rich ... I jumped on a used Sovereign GT and wish I had waited on an E-trac.

Posted by: Explorer.se
Date: May 21, 2018 12:23AM
I absolutely love the Etrac and the Exporer PRO, go with the stock Pro Coil as it is better for pinpointing. Just look at the many youtube videos and you see the majority of the detectorists using the Stock coil, its for a very good reason. It was designed for these machines and IMHO pinpoints better. My 2 cents!

Date: May 21, 2018 06:16AM
Thanks for the info and I'm glad to hear that you love your machine. I jumped on The Equinox 600 for 5:50 with the veteran's discount because I couldn't find any etracs in my price range. I'll be careful with it and I figured I could trade it for an etrac if I didn't like it.

Posted by: Explorer.se
Date: May 21, 2018 10:59AM
Foreverteachable
Thanks for the info and I'm glad to hear that you love your machine. I jumped on The Equinox 600 for 5:50 with the veteran's discount because I couldn't find any etracs in my price range. I'll be careful with it and I figured I could trade it for an etrac if I didn't like it.

No problem keep us posted

Date: May 21, 2018 08:01PM
Will do and thanks everyone!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login