Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Used Etrac's
Posted by: Joedaddy276
Date: May 21, 2018 08:57PM
Which dealer offers vet discounts for minelab?

Posted by: Foreverteachable
Date: May 21, 2018 09:07PM
They all should since they submit it to Minelab. I know Kellyco did for me.

Posted by: Joedaddy276
Date: May 21, 2018 09:58PM
Ok,thanks

Posted by: treasure_hunter
Date: May 22, 2018 12:01PM
Joedaddy276
Which dealer offers vet discounts for minelab?
It is volunteer but most dealers will do it.

Posted by: Delta Digger
Date: June 05, 2018 09:33AM
This will be my fourth Etrac. I sold my last one about two years ago. I’ve tried other detectors but keep coming back to the Etrac. I Just never bonded with them like I do with the Etrac. I sold one a few years back and it about 11 years old and still kicking. Maybe one day I’ll try a Nox. But for now the Etrac is all that I need.

Posted by: still looking 52
Date: June 05, 2018 02:43PM
Delta Digger
This will be my fourth Etrac. I sold my last one about two years ago. I’ve tried other detectors but keep coming back to the Etrac. I Just never bonded with them like I do with the Etrac. I sold one a few years back and it about 11 years old and still kicking. Maybe one day I’ll try a Nox. But for now the Etrac is all that I need.
It takes awhile to learn the language of any detector and that experience goes a long ways when your out in the field. I've had my F5 now for about 4 years and I'm still picking up small tips and learning more.

Posted by: synthnut
Date: June 10, 2018 08:40AM
I think that if folks would take more time learning their detectors, they would hold onto them longer and would benefit from better finds....I’ve had a few ML detectors, and still have 3 of them!!!......I hope folks continue to go crazy for the EQ.......Maybe I’ll land a good Soveriegn GT for cheap !!!.....I built a light weight Explorer over the Winter and have been having a ball with it.....Besides the CZ’s the ML’s still rule the beach !!!.....Jim

BTW.....I’ve NEVER considered selling my ETrac.......It’s the best all around machine that ML has built to date IMHO......Now if I could reverse the aging process, and could detect longer with my ETrac, I’d be in good shape!!!.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2018 08:46AM by synthnut.

Posted by: Southwind
Date: June 10, 2018 10:34AM

I think that if folks would take more time learning their detectors, they would hold onto them longer and would benefit from better finds....

Agreed, but!, it also tends to make a detector become attached to the user to the point they refuse to upgrade when it become available

I have a firend I've hunted with for going on 40 years and he still uses his DFX and E-Trac. The E-Trac is still a competitive detector so not so bad. The DFX, in experienced hands can also be a great detector, but not so much a competitor as 10 years ago. I replace my DFX & E-Trac with the EQ800.

Even the most experienced user of any dated detector will be held to the limits of said detector.

The real treasure is in the hunt...

Posted by: synthnut
Date: June 10, 2018 02:40PM
Southwind
I agree with you if the detectors are no longer competitive,but a lot of my dated detectors are still very competitive......Most of them are ML’s.......I beach hunt so they don’t really become obsolete.....I’ve found Silver and Gold with all of them.......,same with my CZ’s.......Jim

Posted by: Rick(ND)
Date: June 10, 2018 09:45PM
You think as I do, so you must be one that knows the Sovereigns well if you are looking for another. I have a GT and will not sell it as it is the best machine for me, but still try other detectors and I have the Equinox 800 now, but because of health reasons I haven't used it much yet. What I have used it it is OK but like trash more until I learn it more. The other Minelabs I like was the E-Trac too over all the Explorers and even the CTX 3030. With the Sovereigns as I have used all different models and the Explorers and the E-Trac they are only as good as the time to get to know them, some know them well and do great while others don't have the patience and sell them. It is impressive to see not many of the Equinox 800 on the classified as some are spending the time to get to know then well.

Rick

Sovereign GT since 1996
the Minelab Equinox 800 since March 2018
Timberwolfs HP for the Sovereign
Uni Probe For The other detectors
Got the detectors, just need time to use them all

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login