Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
what brand model did you migrate from when you purchased your Equinox?
Posted by: maxxkatt
Date: May 19, 2018 02:23PM
I came from using the AT Pro for 3 years when I purchase my Equinox 800. It is not that I considered my AT Pro that bad if fact I was quite happy with it. But I started seeing all the uptick in posts on the forums for the Equinox 600 and 800 I just had to look closer. The closer I looked the more I knew I was going to sell my AT Pro and buy the 800.

Was detector has your Equinox replaced? And the main reason for the purchase of your equinox.

Re: what brand model did you migrate from when you purchased your Equinox?
Posted by: budster
Date: May 19, 2018 02:30PM
Minelab Safari, and backup AT Pro. But if the Equinox is as good as advertised, then the Safari becomes my backup and my Grandson gets the AT Pro.

Posted by: Mkus
Date: May 19, 2018 02:54PM
I sold my Etrac too heavy I had bad tennis elbow and I wanted another minelab they are great on saltwater beaches.
And it goes well with my Deus to of the best lightweight machines going today!

Posted by: azdigger
Date: May 19, 2018 02:59PM
I have an MXT and an MX SPORT . I am hoping this 800 does as I have seen on videos. Could just be my go to machine......mine gets here on Monday so I will soon know if I did right.

Posted by: Dan(NM)
Date: May 19, 2018 03:06PM
maxxkatt
I came from using the AT Pro for 3 years when I purchase my Equinox 800. It is not that I considered my AT Pro that bad if fact I was quite happy with it. But I started seeing all the uptick in posts on the forums for the Equinox 600 and 800 I just had to look closer. The closer I looked the more I knew I was going to sell my AT Pro and buy the 800.

Was detector has your Equinox replaced? And the main reason for the purchase of your equinox.
. I was using a CTX, before that an Etrac. I wanted something lightweight and fast from a company that had a proven track record for my kind of hunting and where I hunt.

Posted by: greenmeanie
Date: May 19, 2018 03:12PM
I didn't Migrate but I guess my CTX.

XP DEUS
NOX 800

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: May 19, 2018 05:10PM
I still have my last detector, and many others so I wouldn't call it a migration. Over the years I have had:

Radio Shack "micronta" piece of garbage
Garrett MH7
Whites 6000DiPro SL
Whites QXT
Whites SurfMaster PI pro
Whites SurfMaster2 (VLF)
Tesoro Compadre
Minelab E-Trac
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab CTX
Minelab F3
Minelab Equinox

I'm almost certain theres something I'm missing from my list.

Posted by: maxxkatt
Date: May 19, 2018 05:14PM
I got 800 this week. Kinda like waiting for Christmas. I have only a few hours on it but found a silver .925 ring with an aquamarine stone and maybe a small diamond in the first 30 minutes in a super trashy area loaded with pop tops and foil wrappers. This machine really helps build confidence. With my AT Pro I sometimes I wondered if it was me or the detector that was responsible for lack of success some days. Probably a little of both, but now I feel it is all on me since the 800 has a lot of stuff under the hood.

Posted by: Frank in NH
Date: May 19, 2018 07:00PM
I have seven detectors but traded my Deus for a Nox.

Posted by: Joedaddy276
Date: May 19, 2018 09:22PM
I to came from at pro and honestly loved it wish I would have kept it too.i know the nox800 is much faster and nicer and i feel confident swinging it.i did alot of different nail test between the two the nox hit stuff and then some the at pro wouldn't see so it's a good swap.i then traded my pro and 150 to a mmk then mmk and 200 for a 1 month old etrac so I'm sitting really good on top notch detectors could any of yall put me on anything 1800s? Lol just kidding but I am Jonesing for a good find not much time for detecting atm.only detector I want now is a deus but I sure can buy one without parting wats with one of these units and Idk about that.happy hunting fellas

Posted by: Digger 45
Date: May 19, 2018 09:26PM
I Can't imagine trading a Deus for a Nox, I have both and the Nox will go before my Deus. Guess thats why there are so many detectors out there, everyone has different preferences.

Posted by: MetalMiner
Date: May 20, 2018 07:22AM
Still trying to pick up a Equinox 800. But I will be putting my ML Safari on the backup team. I'll never get rid of
my Safari it's been too good to me.

No Migration. Just added weatherproof/ waterproof to what I use.
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: June 09, 2018 11:56AM
My Equinox purchase added ability to get in the water without worries of dunking a $1500 detector. It compliment other detectors I already have.

Rich

Posted by: sprchng
Date: June 09, 2018 10:20PM
I un-migrated from the 800 back to the other Minelabs when I found the hype was unsubstantiated by real world usage in my type of detecting and venues.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login