Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: excitment about the equinox series metal detectors
Posted by: lytle78
Date: May 23, 2018 09:09AM
I basically can’t use my Nox 600 without my pinpointer. Otherwise I am fepeatedly fooled by large targets falsing or - in the case of large alu - registering as high conductior like silver. The pinpointer is much quicker and more accurate than the nox’s PP function to size targets.

Rick Kempf

No its not true......
Posted by: vlad
Date: May 23, 2018 02:12PM
But it gives same signal on coin targets as crushed can sized target. :poke:

Coins will fit new Coke machines that sells gianormous 2 liter cans.
:drinking::drinking::drinking:

Posted by: Architex
Date: May 23, 2018 02:48PM
I will grudgingly say that it is probably the most versatile mid-range detector out there. If you're going to have ONE detector it's probably the one. If you only hunt one type of site, there may be a better different one for you.

The real treasure is in the marketing.

XP Deus / CTX 3030 / Equinox 800

Posted by: Nauti Neil
Date: May 23, 2018 03:34PM
Architex
I will grudgingly say that it is probably the most versatile mid-range detector out there. If you're going to have ONE detector it's probably the one. If you only hunt one type of site, there may be a better different one for you.

Have you tried all the other mid range detectors on the market?I don't believe anybody can say one machine is the best.......even "probably" is too strong a word......if they have'nt thoroughly tested every one.
I've been lucky enough to have owned most of the popular machines over the years including minelabs,xp's,whites,tesoros,red heat,c scopes etc and to be honest i've had quite good results with most of them.
I think detectors are at a stage where overall performance is basically the same on each category of detector.....no one machine really stands out.

Posted by: Architex
Date: May 23, 2018 05:37PM
Read again, I didn't say it was the best, I said most versatile.

The real treasure is in the marketing.

XP Deus / CTX 3030 / Equinox 800

Posted by: Nauti Neil
Date: May 24, 2018 12:41AM
Ok then.....even the most versatile.As for being a hater,whats all that about.......ive owned many minelabs and ive thought they were great machines.......i still own an explorer se.I don't hate any machine or manufacturer,as i said above ive tried most and ive had great results with most.
What im saying is that a machine like the nox comes out and everybody jumps on the bandwagon saying how great it is.......its happened with many machines over the years........then all of a sudden they start appearing in the used sales section because they are no better than anything else on the market.
Im glad you like your nox and im sure it will do really well for you.
Ps,what i hate is people with shallow minds who put ridiculous comments on forums......sound familiar!

Posted by: Digger 45
Date: May 24, 2018 02:59PM
I agree with you Neil, i only bought a Nox for beach and salt water, other than that i use other detectors that i like better.

Posted by: dan b
Date: May 30, 2018 08:54PM
Not a lot of excitement in Canada from what I’m hearing. The poor quality of our coins means you better dig it all since coins and junk sound the same. Guess it’s pretty good at finding pennies though. For Canadian coins you might be better off with a Tesoro Mojave.

Posted by: dirt lizard
Date: June 05, 2018 05:29PM
I still keep my T2 just incase something should happen.

Minelab Equinox 600, Teknetics T2 classic

Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: June 07, 2018 05:34PM
The Hype is dieing down even though some won't admit it.

Etrac
CZ-3D
Golden uMax

Posted by: TN Mike
Date: June 14, 2018 09:59PM
The hype is dying down thank the Lord! The less people that have one the better IMO :tongue:

All that being said, if they make a 1000 with etrac ability to hit silver like the 800 hits mid conductors .. that will be a mean machine.

Posted by: Tom Slick
Date: June 18, 2018 06:17PM
I have the Nox 800 and agree that it's a pretty darn good all around detector, but I also have the Makro Multi Kruzer and I think it's a better all around detector than the Nox. The Nox may, I said MAY work a little better for deep silver and be a better saltwater wet sand detector, but for cherry pickin' parks, hunting ghost towns, old lots, competition hunts, and fresh water hunting, I think the Multi Kruzer has it beat.

Arizona
43 years detecting, ex White's dealer.
Current Detectors:
Makro Multi Kruzer
Makro Racer 2
White's DFX x 3
Minelab Equinox 800

Posted by: sprchng
Date: June 18, 2018 07:51PM
The excitement and hype will continue as long as the dozen or so fan boys continue to work the forums and pimp the machine and certainly it's biggest attraction is it's versatility for the price. I found the only disappointing thing to be the poor build quality of the shaft and cuff system. Many of the reports from beach and surf hunters are leading to aftermarket rods and accessories to compensate for the deficiencies. When you factor in that additional $150 to $200 it rapidly shades the value aspect that so many of the street barkers are touting. While I have had a Nox and not the M Kruzer , my understanding is that the M Kruzer's build quality is far superior.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login