Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
What Was Your Best Find "Ever" And With Which Metal Detector?:jump:
Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: May 30, 2018 01:59PM
Not necessarily it's $$$ value, but best find for you.

Re: What Was Your Best Find "Ever" And With Which Metal Detector?:jump:
Posted by: Nauti Neil
Date: May 30, 2018 02:40PM
Thats a difficult question.Mine is probably a medieval posy or love ring.It had a message on the inside that roughly translated to "the one i love".
It was dated to the 1500's by the British museum and it was found in the first 15 minutes of a rally i attended after joining an internet based club.......first rally too.
I love the find because i was the first person to have touched that ring since it fell off the lady's finger in thev1500's.It was a very valuable possession back then so it was probably worn by someone of high social standing.

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: May 30, 2018 06:11PM
Flat base 3.80 Hotchkiss shell---at time of find,77, only 3 known---Garrett Deep Seeker.

Posted by: RLOH
Date: May 30, 2018 06:12PM
1780 Spanish Reale with a Tesoro Cibola. At a 1940's school, but research showed schools at this same place since early 1800's. About 6 inches deep between sidewalk and school building.About the size of a quarter. Maybe lost in early times or maybe a kid bringing a "cool" coin to show off. At any rate, my all time favorite.

Posted by: Confetrit
Date: May 30, 2018 06:24PM
In 1969 I dug my first relic ever on an outing with my parents at age 13. It was a piece of Hotchkiss artillery shell. I will never forget the excitement I had when I realized what it was. This was found with a WWII surplus mine sweeper and I believe the darned thing weighed more than I did.

Posted by: dan b
Date: May 30, 2018 08:46PM
WW1 medal for service from 1914-1915. Found around 1991 with a Garrett Freedom 2.

Posted by: Mega
Date: May 30, 2018 09:27PM
A few of my best finds have been a 'Whaddon Chase variation gold stater' 55BC,1/4 boattree variations gold stater and probably my best gold find was a Geoege111 full guinea in mint condition snagged with my original T2 and recently at christmas time a saxon silver hammered snagged with my Deus.

Every hole is like a scratch card. Usually it’s nothing. Sometimes you win a prize.

Posted by: sprchng
Date: May 30, 2018 10:13PM
10 ounces of gold
White's Eagle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2018 10:13PM by sprchng.

Posted by: Skillet
Date: May 30, 2018 10:30PM
I'm gonna put two out there, cuz they were side-by-side...

Water hunting, Tigershark, up comes a ladies 18k wht gold engagement ring, 21 diamonds.
(Later appraised @ $7,900, ctr diamond was full ct.)

Within 30 min, up comes a man's wedding band. A honker, 18k, pushing 1/2 oz in weight.

Never found 18k jewelry before, then Bang Bang, two at once! Those kinda' rings look really good laying in a handfull of mud...

Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: May 30, 2018 11:06PM
Old tokens...........many of them. (found about 20 years ago) Garrett GTA Ultra 500

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2018 11:07PM by John-Edmonton.

Mega that's disgusting.....
Posted by: vlad
Date: May 31, 2018 01:27PM
.......and depressing.:sadwalk: Silver from the '60's here is considered good. (we only been here around 400 years....considered modern there?) :shrug:
The things you dig in the :ukflag: What, no torc?....if you did silence is "golden." :lol:
(Years back, sent my friend Phil the 10X12 for his Tejon, when to a site hunted hard.........Roman gold coin. Not only did he not send it to me, did not even get a worn out copper. :nopity: )
I come over there will bring a duffle bag of salt corroded zincs to seed your sites. :blowup:
"I got my detector to find the hammer I dropped and...."

:beers:(Now go to Scotland and find the Ark.) :please:

Neil you are as bad as Mega :tongue:
Posted by: vlad
Date: May 31, 2018 01:40PM
swear to god!:lol:
You and Mega could have found John's Crown Jewels by now, instead you are satisfied with baubles? :help:
(Grab a GS-5, look up Eric and get his schematic for an orthongol loop.) :buds:

Posted by: Nauti Neil
Date: May 31, 2018 01:53PM
Vlad,we are saving John's crown jewels for a special occasion.......we are quite satisfied finding roman,medieval,celtic and saxon tat at the moment.:thumbup:

Posted by: still looking 52
Date: May 31, 2018 04:28PM
1902 barber half dollar with O mint mark, found it last year in a local park that gets hunted to death. My F5 just barely got it down at the 8" level, the conditions were perfect, damp and cloudy.

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: May 31, 2018 04:45PM
1793 flowing hair large cent, this is the find that brought a few tears of joy to my eyes and stopped me in my tracks..i actually had to sit down for a few minutes to let it sink in what i had actually found... this was by far my best coin day ever as i also found an 1877 indian, 1854 trime and 1833 bust dime on the same hunt... i was beginning to think maybe my dearly departed mother was sending gifts from heaven lol,but when the flowinghair large cent popped up i was sure.. made the hair on the back of my neck tingle...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login