Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
WOW what a hard question to answer with ONE Detector!!!
Posted by: Jim Robertson
Date: November 10, 2018 06:56AM
My answer would have to be from the early years to now. I will start with the Whites 5900 and then go to the Whites XLT then to the Minelab Sovereign's also include the Excalibur.. As we move forward to the Troy X5. And now the E-Trac and the CTX 3030 to the Equinox 800. I think something import to mention is the type hunting I do is Beach, Relic and coins. I still own all of the above except the Sovereign and Excalibur. I don't use all of them much but I do own and believe in them. Sorry I even use the GPX 4800 for Relic hunting. One machine will not cover everything for me.

Re: Your best machine?
Posted by: dgerst
Date: November 11, 2018 03:37PM
Classic. Discovery Electronics Treasure Baron Cointrax 2. I'll probably have and use one (or two) till I die.
Modern. Makro Multi Kruzer. A fantastic do-it all machine. At under $500 on the used market it's one of the best bargains out there.
And I agree with Simpsonslammer on the Compass X-80. One fine machine for its day. Can't say that I miss the weight or all those batteries though.

Dave in KS
2 X Treasure Baron Cointrax II- 8", 10", 6X9"DD
Tesoro Bandido II ┬ÁMax- 8", 3X18 Clean Sweep
Makro Multi Kruzer- Stock 11" DD, 7" concentric
Teknetics Patriot
Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300- 8", 4"
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro

Posted by: kevinnc
Date: November 13, 2018 08:02PM
Fisher F75LTD!

Posted by: John (Ma)
Date: December 01, 2018 09:55PM
Tesoro Tejon

Posted by: BH505Man
Date: December 02, 2018 03:42AM
My current best machine is my Teknetics T2 Classic. However, my all time favorite machine was my Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505. I had more fun with the Pioneer 505. It was my first serious metal detector that actually found lots of coins and good finds and was able to discriminate the trash from the treasure.

Walt from Washington State
US Air Force TSgt, Retired
Served 1972 - 1994

Bounty Hunter Legacy 3500 with 4", 8", 10" & 11"DD coils, Tek-Point pinpointer, Lesche digging knife, Lesche Sampson shovel, homemade 3" diameter plug popper, Teknetics T2 Classic with 5"DD,11"DD & 15"DD, CORS Strike (NEL Tornado) 12x13" DD coils.
Previous detectors: Relco BFO, Whites Coinmaster BFO, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Cen-Tech pinpointer.

Posted by: nam1969
Date: December 03, 2018 10:12PM
White's M 6 IDX Pro

Posted by: petrcamill
Date: December 04, 2018 11:41PM
Hands Down! Whites DFX, I got one used it about 3 years and got a Minelab Quattro. Thinking this must be better can't wait, sold it went back back to the DFX.
P.S.S. I did the same thing. saying the same thing 3 more times and again went back to the DFX. I just new how to push every bit of POWER out of it. Fantastic MACHINE!!!

Posted by: u2robert
Date: December 06, 2018 02:35PM
CZ5, CZ6a spent many years behind these detectors

Posted by: gwsears
Date: December 09, 2018 01:03PM
TerryEastTexas
I would have to go with my Troy X5. It was light, well balanced. For some it was a love it or hate it machine but I worked well with it. A nickle magnet.

And deeeep! Great machine.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login