Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Your best machine?
Posted by: Hybridcruiser
Date: July 14, 2018 02:23PM
My Best detector is a Teknetic Mark 1 LTD ,It may not go in the water or go as deep as some of the new ones but that is ok . then I'm hoping my new used Bandito 2 the second one in the series will serve me well for tot lots and under the bleachers and around burned down buildings infested with nails and iron. not to mention sidewalk repairs.. I guess it comes down to what you want to use the detector for that really makes all the difference.

Posted by: Phillip_in_NM
Date: July 15, 2018 01:43PM
Best urban detector: White's M6 with the 4x6" DD coil

Best ghost town detector: Minelab Etrac w/ 4.5x7" DD coil

Best ski slope detector: Teknetics Omega 8000 w/ 10" concentric

Loving this thread - reading other people's opinions.... Thanks for starting it!

Unless you're the LEAD sled dog, the view is always the same!

Posted by: synthnut
Date: July 16, 2018 07:42AM
Sovereign GT......

Posted by: JJames1610
Date: July 16, 2018 03:35PM
I have used a makro racer and a mx sport within the last few months. Was recently swayed into trying a x-terra 705. I haven't had it long enough to fully evaluate it, but so far there is nothing about i don't like. Put that dude in all metal and 99 tones, its a very impressive machine, ( in my opinion). Later on i may find something that i don't like, but not so far. Now i would not recommend that setting around home places, might be a little much, but for open fields and hill sides that setting works for me. It has discrimination modes that work for coin and jewelry to.

Posted by: oldkoot
Date: July 17, 2018 03:37PM
JJames1610
I have used a makro racer and a mx sport within the last few months. Was recently swayed into trying a x-terra 705. I haven't had it long enough to fully evaluate it, but so far there is nothing about i don't like. Put that dude in all metal and 99 tones, its a very impressive machine, ( in my opinion). Later on i may find something that i don't like, but not so far. Now i would not recommend that setting around home places, might be a little much, but for open fields and hill sides that setting works for me. It has discrimination modes that work for coin and jewelry to.

I have tried that 99 tones on my 705 and for me it was way to much for my mind I have played with every setting on the 705 and now I only use the 2 or 4 tone settings on it that 99 tone setting to me is just to much info over load

When in the 99 tone setting i always felt I lost depth while set to 99 tones can not really say that is the fact but just my thoughts,I also hunt primarily in prospecting mode with the tracking activated the 705 does take some time to learn but it is well worth the time it takes I have always felt it is one of the most under rated detectors on the market and still feel it is way under rate to this day

Posted by: JJames1610
Date: July 18, 2018 11:54AM
I agree with you on that, but if your in fields and on hillsides where targets are sometimes far apart. I like 99 tones and all metal. If your in an area where there are numerous targets both good and bad then 99 tones would not be my choice. I would be in a different mode than all metal and anywhere from 2 to 4 tones. Its also operators choice as to which method they prefer. All in all its a very nice detector. Like i said, i do like it.

Posted by: Mega
Date: September 05, 2018 04:42AM
My main 2 everyday use detectors are the T2 in AM mode and Deus

Pasture sites and for deep relic hunting and also high mineral content sites then the TDI pro,Nexus MP and Nexus Standard SE come out too play

Trashy roman/saxon sites then Vaquero,T2,IDX Pro with very small coils are used.

Enjoyment factor and just getting back to basics then i use my Laser B1,B3,Silver Sabre,IDX Pro,Arado120b

Posted by: LTimedigger
Date: September 05, 2018 10:39AM
Yep, some of my best finds when i was a kid with the 6000D. Literally wore it out

Posted by: dirt doctor
Date: September 05, 2018 11:54AM
For what I do now , it's the White's M6.

Posted by: Mkus
Date: September 06, 2018 12:10PM
Equinox 800 and deus!

Posted by: Canewrap
Date: September 06, 2018 09:59PM
I understand why you like the 705. My best machine is an X-terra 70 that must have been made on a good day. I haven't found a digital machine (in that price range)
that can compare. The HF 6" coil is superb in trash.

Posted by: Welgund
Date: September 11, 2018 06:20AM
Deep old silver in old parks and lawns - CTX 3030, prior wad my SE Pro.

Deep old nickel hunting- Tom Tuned CZ 6a, CZ5. Nothing else close for years, mason jars full of buffalo and V nickels because of them two detectors.

Trashy ghost towns, homesteads, railroad stops- makro multi kruzer 7in concentric, VGG super 6, Tesoro Vaquero or Mojave with small concentrics.

All around use XP Deus with X35 coil.

Re: Your best machine?N/T
Posted by: Southwind
Date: September 11, 2018 07:46AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

The real treasure is in the hunt...

Posted by: Southwind
Date: September 11, 2018 07:49AM
For me I love my Equinox 800 but I really liked my AT Pro and my CTX 3030. Can't really label one "the best" because each had good and bad other than, so far, my 800.

The real treasure is in the hunt...

Posted by: BH505Man
Date: September 12, 2018 02:32AM
My Teknetics T2 Classic is #1 followed by my Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 at #2. and my Bounty Hunter Legacy 3500 is close behind the 505 at #3.

Walt from Washington State
US Air Force TSgt, Retired
Served 1972 - 1994

Bounty Hunter Legacy 3500 with 4", 8", 10" & 11"DD coils, Tek-Point pinpointer, Lesche digging knife, Lesche Sampson shovel, homemade 3" diameter plug popper, Teknetics T2 Classic with 5"DD,11"DD & 15"DD, CORS Strike (NEL Tornado) 12x13" DD coils.
Previous detectors: Relco BFO, Whites Coinmaster BFO, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Cen-Tech pinpointer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login