Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Can't Make Up My Mind On What Detector To Use
Posted by: Hybridcruiser
Date: June 21, 2018 04:03AM
First thing I would like to mention is what kind of detector I have. (1)- Mark 1 Teknetics (2) AT PRO (3) Compadre (4) Mojave (5) and soon I will be getting a Tesoro golden sabre. Now I know I'm getting old and all and my mind isn't what it use to be lol. Anyway what I want to do is find some gold rings and chains .I'm actually kind of tired of digging up clad coins and zinc pennies. So out of all the detectors I have which one would the forum pick to find the gold with. Thank you for your time! Hybridcruiser

Re: Can't Make Up My Mind On What Detector To Use
Posted by: slingshot
Date: June 21, 2018 10:21AM
Compadre,or AT Pro in Zero mode- or Pro mode- don't know correct setting name.

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: June 21, 2018 11:24AM
You'll be tired of digging pull tabs & aluminum bits to by the time you find a gold ring!:biggrin: Try a F-19 for that kind of hunting, I'm old also & that's the one I'd pick.---Other than that, out of your list--I guess the AT Pro (or Mojave).
Hybridcruiser
First thing I would like to mention is what kind of detector I have. (1)- Mark 1 Teknetics (2) AT PRO (3) Compadre (4) Mojave (5) and soon I will be getting a Tesoro golden sabre. Now I know I'm getting old and all and my mind isn't what it use to be lol. Anyway what I want to do is find some gold rings and chains .I'm actually kind of tired of digging up clad coins and zinc pennies. So out of all the detectors I have which one would the forum pick to find the gold with. Thank you for your time! Hybridcruiser

Posted by: Dang
Date: June 21, 2018 04:01PM
Golden sabre

Posted by: ROBOCOP
Date: June 22, 2018 03:25AM
I have that problem when I go to the beach.

ROBOCOP

Date: June 22, 2018 07:31AM
Thanks guys for your replies and in the mean time I think I will use the Mojave till my new used Tesoro golden sabre arrives .I just picked that machine off @#$%& for $99.00 + shipping. it may take a week or so to get here. The dude still hasn't shipped it out yet and its like going on 2 days.. oh well the machine looks to be in very good shape so I won't mind the waiting to much..lol

Glenn

Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: June 22, 2018 10:05AM
Probably just need a new mindset, HybridCrusier.

If I had your collection, I be using the ATPro in Pro mode. It is pretty decent with the 5x8 coil and will let you focus on gold range targets. Just notch out everything above a nickel so you don't hear those distracting clad coins and zinc pennies. If you want a chance at big rings, notch in square tabs.

I don't own one now but I have had good success with the ATPro and small gold in the past in places where EMI shut down the F5 I was using at the time.

Good luck.

HH
Mike

Currently own and use:
*****Fisher F75 LTD w/DST ***** Whites V3 ***** Teknetics G2+LTD *****GoldBug Pro*****Minelab E-Trac*****Teknetics ETPro *****Teknetics Omega 8500***** Tesoro Golden Sabre II *****Tesoro Compadre *****Rutus Alter71*****Nokta Impact*****

Date: June 22, 2018 11:48AM
I noticed you really like the golden sabre , I hope I will to when I get it.. did you see the pictures of it?

Posted by: Hoser John
Date: June 23, 2018 12:36PM
Golden Sabre any day and in every way-I hate diggn' trash. John

Posted by: slingshot
Date: June 24, 2018 01:35PM
Hoser John
Golden Sabre any day and in every way-I hate diggn' trash. John
I hav e the Royal Sabre and actually found a small gold ring with it. I've used it so little the main discrimination knob is frozen on minimum and now has WD 40 sprayed on it! Gotta do better!

Date: June 24, 2018 03:19PM
Hi, I also bought a Wilson-Neuman Daytona II off @#$%& for 139.00 with the shipping.as it stands right now sometimes it works and sometimes not .. think there it might be a wire problem.. I really wanted to try that one out for awhile. if I wasn't so old and shaky i think i would mod it into a water detector.in the mean time i will take it apart and see if anything is lose in it..happy hunting!!
hybridcruiser

Posted by: Willee
Date: June 24, 2018 11:03PM
You think you got problems deciding ...

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: June 24, 2018 11:29PM
Is that all????----And I thought my 15 was a lot!:biggrin:
Willee
You think you got problems deciding ...

Date: June 25, 2018 01:21AM
did most of them come off auctions?. I just bought a Wilson Newman Daytona 2 off E B AY A few days back, it's not working at the moment I think its the batteries their only reading 7.2 volts. I ordered some new ones and they should be here in a few days. I Wish that guy would ship out my Tesoro golden sabre. I believe that is the one I will use most of the time that is if it ever gets here. so out of all those detectors which one do you use the most?

Posted by: Elton
Date: June 25, 2018 11:18AM
Only an opinion ………….

I would research..find the best detector that does what I wanted to find..Sell the others...and concentrate on being the best with the one that does my style hunting.. In past years I owned several detectors at once.. I was always switching around... You know ..My finds suffered greatly..... Once I settled on the one I found excelled in what I wanted to find..My finds increased slowly as I continued to learn it... I was pretty surprised as I thought I was a detector Guru.. Boy was I wrong...…

Administrator
Supporter Of FTF Sponsors

" There will be times I express a personal opinion on something"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login