Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Can't make up my mind
Posted by: CygnusX1
Date: July 01, 2018 11:13AM
Hi all!

I am looking to buy my first detector and I cannot make up my mind between the Multi-Kruzer and the EQ 600. I live outside New Orleans, La and I plan on hitting parks, historical sites, swimming holes and the Gulf Coast. Looking to spend between $500.00 - $800.00.
Any input would be great!

Thanks!

Kind of depends on two things.
Posted by: Monte
Date: July 02, 2018 08:10AM
One, do you plan to get the detector really wet as in submersed, or just hunt beaches with a coil in the shallow surf?

Two, do you want to purchase brand new to have a full warranty instead of a used unit?

In your budget range, and knowing that after you learn your first metal detector and get some file time under your belt, you might want to progress add a second or third model to complement the one you have. I will give you two suggestions for a current production model like I have in my own arsenal, that are affordable and very capable of being used for Coin Hunting, Jewelry Hunting, Beach Hunting, Relic Hunting and you name it. They are:

A Makro Racer 2 with an MSRP or $499 and get the smaller coil for trashier sites.

A White's MX-7 with an MSRP or $599.95, and also get a small 6" Concentric coil for trashier sites.

To keep in the affordable range, you might also look at the White's MX Sport with an MSRP of $799.95, and get the same 6" Concentric as the MX-7 uses, This will give you a waterproof detector if you plan on getting it dunked underwater.

Just some quick thoughts regarding models I know, own and use.

If, however, you are really stuck on either a Makro Multi-Kruzer or a Minelab Equinox, I will suggest the Multi-Kruzer. Far more accessories and search coils available for it, at affordable process, too.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Nokta - Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta - Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login