Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Strong Points and Weak Points On The Tesoro Bandito 2 ?
Posted by: Hybridcruiser
Date: July 10, 2018 11:50AM
I Couldn't find much to read on the Bandito 2 detector but I would like to know some of the strong points as well as the weak ones. I would also like to know which coil would serve me better around the polls in tot lots ..which would be better a 4" or 5-3/4 concentric.

Re: Strong Points and Weak Points On The Tesoro Bandito 2 ?
Posted by: Sven
Date: July 10, 2018 04:18PM
You have the old brown big plastic box or the umax?
Best to ask on the Beep and Dig forum, its where the Tesoro guys live.

Also check here https://www.google.com/search?q=bandido+II+tesoro+findmall+

Nokta/Makro Anfibio-Multi, Makro Multi-Kruzer, and few others
Self built Mirage Pi's --- they work great in trashy areas!!

Posted by: Tom_in_CA
Date: July 10, 2018 05:13PM
Strong point: Good at averaging targets. Like if rusty nails are by, or even over, a conductive target (coin, etc...) you are less prone to masking.

Weak point: Not very good in mineral or tracking (thus, for example, a very poor wet salt beach machine. Another weak point: Probably only half the depth of today's power house machines.

Would be a good machine for under bleachers, ghost-townsy sites or old-town demolition sites, where nails abound.

Strengths: Working in and around very littered sites, especially with nails and other iron.
Posted by: Monte
Date: July 11, 2018 02:24AM
Also good for working in and around dense brush and building rubble. The original Bandido, Bandido II and Bandido II microMAX, using 7" or 6" Concentric coils, have been my most productive Tesoro models for ghost town hunting, and a bulk of the renovation site work in urban environments. Today I use a 6" Concentric on my Vaquero, Bandido II and other Tesoro's except the stock 7" Con. on the Mojave.

The weakness of the Bandido and Bandido II are, as Tom in CA mentioned, that they are not depth monsters, Great for tot-lots and working near metal structures, but don't keep up with the likes of the more modern offerings from White's, Teknetics, Fisher, Nokta, Makro and others should you need improved depth.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My 'Regular-Use Detector Team' are various models from: Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
My 'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147

Posted by: Hybridcruiser
Date: July 14, 2018 08:16AM
Hi Tom , thanks for your reply.. The only reason I bought the bandito 2 was to get away from digging deep targets ,(God forgive my aching back, legs and hips)and my neck. I have a at pro I haven't used for what 2 years now.. when I did use that one in the lakes back then I did find some pretty nice gold rings. but I think those days might be over now. we will see, the Doc just put me on 25 mg of fentanyl patches along with my 5mg of oxycodone which seems like it isn't doing much good.. If I could of do the digging I would of never bought the Bandito . I could never get close enough to the tot lot poles with the at pro and that was with the 5x8 coil. the same for the compadre and Majave. So I Thought I would try the bandito with the Majave 7" coil ,really wanted to try the 5-3/4 but don't have the extra funds for it right now. I also wanted to try the Wilson newman Daytona 2 but the headphone jack wasn't working right so I replace it and now the detector don't work at all . I can hear it turn on but that is all it does. oh well so much for that detector now. anyway thanks for listening to all my complaints
Glenn

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login