Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Update on my lesche digger - raised up from its watery grave
Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: July 15, 2018 04:33PM
Back on March 24 It was a complete fumble with my lesche. The end result was my digger going to its watery grave. :cry: Well, today (and since it has been very hot and dry) the river was low. :smoke: Low enough to see the red handle of my lesche just under the surface. I am truly grateful it has a red handle as without it I probably would not have seen it. Almost 4 months under water and look at the rust! I cleaned it up with WD40 and a wire brush. I then took a file and sharpened it up. Not gonna win any beauty contests but it will get the job done. :cheers:

https://www.findmall.com/read.php?18,2435682

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Re: Update on my lesche digger - raised up from its watery grave
Posted by: Phillip_in_NM
Date: July 16, 2018 01:18AM
Pretty cool. Mute testament to a well-made tool!

Thanks for showing it!

Unless you're the LEAD sled dog, the view is always the same!

Posted by: Confetrit
Date: July 16, 2018 07:16AM
Lesche tools are quality built to last. I'm glad you were able to locate and retrieve your digger. Good job on the cleanup. Here's hoping your Lesche will thank you for your persistence in rescuing it from the river by digging you some great treasures.

Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: July 16, 2018 11:41AM
Good job with the restoration.......what would life be without Lesche? :smoke:

Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: July 17, 2018 04:33PM
Thank you. I can only hope for that type of return :smoke:

Confetrit
Lesche tools are quality built to last. I'm glad you were able to locate and retrieve your digger. Good job on the cleanup. Here's hoping your Lesche will thank you for your persistence in rescuing it from the river by digging you some great treasures.

Dull and difficult. I love the lesche for cutting into tough ground and roots. I have been using a hand held steel garden spade and I must of bent that poor thing a half a dozen times already. :rofl:

John-Edmonton
Good job with the restoration.......what would life be without Lesche? :smoke:

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Posted by: dfmike
Date: July 17, 2018 06:41PM
Great story. Still looking good !

Active detectors and accessories: Fisher F19 LTD on Mars universal shaft, F19 on original shaft, Nokta Fors CoRe, Whites MX7, Makro and Nokta pointers. Killer B's and Jolly Rogers headphones and assorted coils.
Previous detectors in order of acquisition: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Fisher F5, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Posted by: dirt doctor
Date: July 18, 2018 11:16AM
Rust never sleeps ! Good job on rehabilitating it . That red handle has saved me from losing mine on a few occasions .Glad you got it back . A good tool is like a good friend .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login