Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Long handle shovel
Posted by: stateguyt
Date: July 23, 2018 01:06PM
To all you land hunters. Which brand of shovel do you prefer to use. I want to get a Long handle 25 plus inches

Re: Long handle shovel
Posted by: MarkCZ
Date: July 24, 2018 11:23AM
I hope for private property and not public land.
The application of long handled digging tools has been covered on the forum many times.
Predator has a good reputation.
Mark

Avatar, Me and my two brothers from left to right!

WV62 - MarkCZ - Still Looking 52

I liked the Whites...
Posted by: azsh07
Date: July 24, 2018 01:59PM
I have also used the Predator line as well...but this time for a long handled shovel with a root cutting edge on it I gave the Whites a try. I like it..seems as tough as my Predator. Just bit less money.
Loved the Predator also..don't get me wrong..problem is availability.They always seemed they were out of the one I really wanted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2018 02:00PM by azsh07.

Posted by: Dave_E
Date: July 24, 2018 03:06PM
31" Lesche Sampson T handle.

Fantastic plug cutter.

Posted by: HanoverDigger
Date: July 24, 2018 04:12PM
The Lesche Piranha has served me well for relic hunting... 5 years and still going strong.

Nautilus 2b* Garrett At Max* Equinox 600* Lesche Piranah* Garrett ZLynk pinpointer* The "bomb" sheath w/Lesche digger* Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Posted by: dfmike
Date: July 24, 2018 04:42PM
I have the Predator Tools Barracuda and the smaller T-handle Lesche (Sampson ?) as well. I like both but the Barracuda is bigger, heavier and has a much better footplate. Truth is I don't use them very often. I bring the Barracuda in the woods and the Sampson on the wet sand beach. Everywhere else is strictly hand tools (Whites Digmaster and Predator Tools Raptor).

The Whites Ground Hawg seems to be liked as well.

Active detectors and accessories: Fisher F19 LTD on Mars universal shaft, F19 on original shaft, Nokta Fors CoRe, Whites MX7, Makro and Nokta pointers. Killer B's and Jolly Rogers headphones and assorted coils.
Previous detectors in order of acquisition: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Fisher F5, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Posted by: Confetrit
Date: July 24, 2018 06:36PM
I use the Lesche 31' T handle Relic Hunter shovel. It has served me well on our tough Georgia red clay.

Posted by: jas415
Date: July 25, 2018 06:57PM
The absolute best long handled shovel anywhere is the Ace Hardware Floral Shovel. 10 year warranty! Lightweight and cuts through roots, etc.. Absolutely great for small 4" square plugs. I hunt demolitions 99% of the time and it is great. I never use it in a park all because of the optics, but is is superior to anything I have seen for cutting a small neat plug.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login